2021 NFL News, Rumors, In/Out Draft day and post NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
ATL - K Koo had his truck stolen, and he is publicly begging to get his cleats back from the truck - kickers are weird
Fun fact - Big Ben and Tom Brady are getting close to the record set by Brett Favre for most times sacked in a career
TB - Buc's receiver Jaydon Mickens is facing two misdemeanors charges from his arrest in March - concealed fire arm
DAL - Cowboys have released Cb Rashard Robinson - he is facing a 2 game suspension for violation of leagues performance enhancing substances
GB - Packers CEO Mark Murphy says no update on Aaron Rodgers
Wr - Tedd Ginn has formally retired
FA Cb Richard Sherman pleaded not guilty to 5 misdemeanor charges
GB - Packers announced the team lost $38.8 million in fiscal year 2020
BUF- Bills have released DT Nazair Jones
LVR - Raiders Rb coach Kirby Wilson is retiring
NO - NFL has officially suspended Saints DT David Onyemata for 6 games for violation of performance enhancing substance rules
MIA - Dolphins have re-signed Wr Isaiah Ford, releases S Brian Cole and OC Tyler Gauthier
FOX - Tony Gonzales is leaving FOX team to act in movies by one report

Phicinfan

Administrator
WFT - saw a quick blurb yesterday that Washington is looking to acquire Deshaun Watson from Houston - wow

Phicinfan

Administrator
NO - one report out that Taysom Hill will start the first game for the Saints - Not Winston.....

Walter34

WFT - saw a quick blurb yesterday that Washington is looking to acquire Deshaun Watson from Houston - wow

Makes sense to me. He is likely to miss the year (suspension?) and his price is probably pretty low so I can see WFT and some others thinking 14 months ahead for next season.

They have Fitz as a bridge for now and didn't draft a new QB. They have some solid pieces in place now and DW would be a great addition assuming his problems are addressed by next year. It could also of course be throwing away draft picks for a guy in jail for the next 5 years. Who knows?

Phicinfan

Administrator
MIN - Vikings DT Michael Pierce has a calf injury and may miss first part of camp - signed as FA
PIT - Melvin Ingram is visiting the Steelers today
NYG - Saquon Barkley stated he doesn't know when he will practice with team
NE - per reports Cb Stephon Gilmore and Patriots have made no progress at all on an extension

Phicinfan

Administrator
NYJ - Jets passing coordinator Gregg Knapp was critically hurt when his bicycle was hit by a car - no reports on health as of yet
LVR - Raiders president Mark Badain is resigning
FA DL Geno Atkins is fully healthy and got medical clearance, will now take visits
NFL - will once again review it's policies on reporting or faking injuries - the whole Tom Brady thing is an issue
PIT - Steelers sign FA DL Melvin Ingram - expected to be one year deal
MIA - Dolphins re-sign OL Timon Paris - waived him a month ago
ESPN/Manning's - so supposedly Peyton and Eli will run a zoom type meeting broadcast on ESPN 2 or ESPN + during Monday night games a few each year for commentary
NFL Network - to air 23 pre-season games this year
NO - Drew Brees is already being asked questions - No he has not thrown a ball in quite a while so can't play this year, and he also sees Saints using both Winston and Hill this year at Qb

Phicinfan

Administrator
PIT - sign OT Chaz Green, release OT Jarron Jones and Lb Calvin Bundage to make room for Green and Ingram

efactor

Coming at you
Rb - Cam Akers Rams - torn Achilles tendon
Ouch!

I signed up for the FFPC high stakes league this year and consequently have been tracking the drafts already done. Got to suck for someone who drafted early and is now without their top pick before the season even starts. Advantages of doing early drafts but this is the big risk.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Ouch!

I signed up for the FFPC high stakes league this year and consequently have been tracking the drafts already done. Got to suck for someone who drafted early and is now without their top pick before the season even starts. Advantages of doing early drafts but this is the big risk.
It does show the risk in redraft leagues of not holding draft just before season starts, so you can avoid losing early key players due to injury in or before camp.

Phicinfan

Administrator
There are a few old guys out there trying to catch on and a few depth backs likely to be traded.
Pretty sure Rams are capped strapped, so adding a top notch back in trade may be a bit difficult. I am not sure Gurley or Gore or others will really help all that much.

efactor

Coming at you
Pretty sure Rams are capped strapped, so adding a top notch back in trade may be a bit difficult. I am not sure Gurley or Gore or others will really help all that much.

Henderson played well last year until he got hurt. His and Akers stats were almost identical with Henderson having a slightly higher YPC and a few more TDs.

Melvin Gordon was the first name that came to mind, but not at 8 million a year. I think they roll with Henderson as the main guy and bring in a low cost vet to back him up.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Henderson played well last year until he got hurt. His and Akers stats were almost identical with Henderson having a slightly higher YPC and a few more TDs.

Melvin Gordon was the first name that came to mind, but not at 8 million a year. I think they roll with Henderson as the main guy and bring in a low cost vet to back him up.
Adrian Peterson?? Better than Bell, Gurley, Gore, Freeman and Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.