Fantasy rookie values

efactor

Coming at you
Assuming full point PPR, who are your top 5?

-Kyle Pitts: Calvin Jonson with a TE designation with a very good QB throwing him the ball

-Ja’Marr Chase: Last years top overall pick and former college teammate throwing him the ball

-Najee Harris: Immediately becomes a 3 down back on a team that traditionally utilizes one back. OL is not good so that‘s a concern. Could make an argument for him to be #1 overall based on position

-Javonte Williams: Melvin Gordon in last year of contract. Good situation moving forward to be the dominant lead back

-Travis Etienne: Hate the situation due to Robinson being there but you don’t spend a first rounder to be part of a long time time share. Almost put DeVonta Smith here but position scarcity

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Assuming full point PPR, who are your top 5?

-Kyle Pitts: Calvin Jonson with a TE designation with a very good QB throwing him the ball

-Ja’Marr Chase: Last years top overall pick and former college teammate throwing him the ball

-Najee Harris: Immediately becomes a 3 down back on a team that traditionally utilizes one back. OL is not good so that‘s a concern. Could make an argument for him to be #1 overall based on position

-Javonte Williams: Melvin Gordon in last year of contract. Good situation moving forward to be the dominant lead back

-Travis Etienne: Hate the situation due to Robinson being there but you don’t spend a first rounder to be part of a long time time share. Almost put DeVonta Smith here but position scarcity
Gonna disagree with you here, I think some things changed post the end of the draft....

1) Najee Harris Rb Pittsburgh - has no real competition for the role and PIT will want to run like crazy to take burden off of aging Big Ben
2) Javonte Williams Rb Denver - He will get the lead once Gordon fumbles as he is want to do. In that offense he could be huge
3) Michael Carter Rb NY Jets - He has a clear path to start, and will be used alot to protect the rookie Qb IMO.
4) Kyle Pitts Te Atlanta - curious if Falcons use him alot with Julio and co still there.
5) Tie - DeVonta Smith Wr PHI/ Jaylen Waddle Wr MIA - Smith has clear shot at the top, with no real competition other than TE, Waddle will be the deep threat as soon as Fuller gets his yearly injury.

Chase - I get his talent, I get his history with Cincy, but you cannot deny he is behind Higgins and Boyd. I also don't think they will be putting Burrows at risk til they know he is really healthy. So he may not get many reps off-season to renew relationship with Chase.
Etienne - I smell a true committee like N.O. had with Ingram and Kamara - with Etienne getting most of his yards in passing game, but not as many chances at first as he learns to block and protect. Robinson will kill his chances for a while. But next year he could be huge.

Phicinfan

Administrator
So...my dynasty values....
Qb:
1) Justin Fields Chi - yeah I am surprised as well, but Chicago has a dominant defense, and have gotten pieces for OL, and have solid WR and Rb and TE.
2) Mac Jones NE - his Wrs suck, but Bill will fix the boat and he will be used to do what Brady did. Love the upside here
3) Trey Lance SF - gut says he doesn't play year one unless Jimmy G gets hurt. But SF has a great defense, good Wrs and great running game.
4) Trevor Lawrence JAC - Any other team I would rate him much higher. Jax has to prove they can protect him, and not get him killed
5) Kyle Trask TB - once Brady is gone, he will take over, and the tools are all there. Assuming the HC doesn't leave, or they lose all those talented players.
6) Zach Wilson NYJ - I just don't think the kid will take the punishment with his size and their lack of tools.

Rb:
1) Najee Harris PIT - Great team, great offense for him, good OL
2) Javonte Williams Rb DEN - OL is solid, Def is solid - Qb needs help, so he may get more use up front.
3) Michael Carter Rb NYJ - no real competition, need to protect rookie Qb and team I think will want to run alot
4) Trey Sermon Rb SF - behind Mostert and Wilson, but both get injured alot, could see lots of use this year, but will take over 2022
5) Travis Etienee Rb JAC - Don't like line, but can't argue with talent. First 1-2 years may be limited to 3rd down role with Robinson in place

Wr:
1) Ja'Marr Chase Wr CIN - I don't like him this year, but overall in that passing offense he will be awesome.
2) Jaylen Waddle Wr MIA - IF Tua is real, and assuming Fuller will get hurt again, he will be the main deep threat
3) Kadarius Toney Wr NYG - Daniel Jones will be his only hold up. He is better than Slayton, and not sure Sheppard can stay healthy.
4) DeVonta Smith Wr PHI - Kid is for real, only hold back is Qb. If Hurts is real and can sling it deep, this kid will rule in Philly at Wr.
5) Rashod Bateman Wr BAL - IF they start passing regularly, this kid has the talent to be a #1 for this team.

Te:
Pitts is it. Period. I don't really like any of the others this year.

Last edited:

efactor

Coming at you
So...my dynasty values....
Qb:
1) Justin Fields Chi - yeah I am surprised as well, but Chicago has a dominant defense, and have gotten pieces for OL, and have solid WR and Rb and TE.
2) Mac Jones NE - his Wrs suck, but Bill will fix the boat and he will be used to do what Brady did. Love the upside here
3) Trey Lance SF - gut says he doesn't play year one unless Jimmy G gets hurt. But SF has a great defense, good Wrs and great running game.
4) Trevor Lawrence JAC - Any other team I would rate him much higher. Jax has to prove they can protect him, and not get him killed
5) Kyle Trask TB - once Brady is gone, he will take over, and the tools are all there. Assuming the HC doesn't leave, or they lose all those talented players.
6) Zach Wilson NYJ - I just don't think the kid will take the punishment with his size and their lack of tools.
Mac "dad bod" Jones over Lawrence and Lance in FF? :confused:

I think you might want to reevaluate that one my friend

Phicinfan

Administrator
Mac "dad bod" Jones over Lawrence and Lance in FF? :confused:

I think you might want to reevaluate that one my friend
Opportunity in NE is head and shoulder better than great talent with lousy team. Love Lawrence but not in Jacksonville.

efactor

Coming at you
Opportunity in NE is head and shoulder better than great talent with lousy team. Love Lawrence but not in Jacksonville.
Gonna really disagree with you here

Jacksonville has surrounded Lawrence with weapons. Chark can be elite with Lawrence at QB, Shenault and Marvin Jones make for a solid pair. They drafted a pass catching back to go along with their bruiser in Robinson. Their OL isn't terrible with Cam Robinson and Norwell on the left side. They picked up Walker Little in the 2nd to help on the right side.

I like Jacksonville offense way more that the Pats for a rookie QB.