2021 Phicinfan's first Mock NFL draft

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Pick #13 - LA Chargers
The Chargers need OL help desperately. They really need to improve the running game, and protect the rookie Qb in Herbert. Going with best talent on OL still here with Rashawn Slater OT Northwestern. This kid is solid, can play anywhere on the OL, but will probably be a starter at OT this year.

efactor

Coming at you
Okay here is the plan. I will do this one pick at a time, letting any who want to chime in.

I will then update this first post with each pick.

My plan is to do two things here. I am going to post what I believe will happen and why, and then if I have a different view(yeah me the big new GM....), I will post that. I will include trades, IF I feel trades could legitimately happen.

Here is the draft order:
#1 - Jacksonville - Trevor Lawrence Qb Clemson
#2 - NY Jets - Zach Wilson Qb BYU
#3 - Miami - trade from Houston - Ja'Marr Chase Wr LSU
#4 - Atlanta - Trey Lance Qb North Dakota State
#5 - Cincinnati - Penei Sewell OT Oregon
#6 - Philadelphia - Trade Carolina - Justin Fields Qb Ohio State
#7 - Detroit - Devonta Smith Wr Alabama
#8 - Carolina - previous trade with Philadelphia - Kyle Pitts Te Florida
#9 - Denver - Caleb Farley Cb Virginia Tech
#10 - Dallas - Patrick Surtain II Cb Alabama
#11 - NY Giants - Jaylen Waddle Wr Alabama
#12 - San Francisco - Mac Jones Qb Alabama
#13 - LA Chargers - Rashawn Slater OT Northwestern
#14 - Minnesota
#15 - New England
#16 - Arizona
#17 - LA Raiders
#18 - Miami
#19 - Washington
#20 - Chicago
#21 - Indianapolis
#22 - Tennessee
#23 - N.Y. Jets - trade from Seattle
#24 - Pittsburgh
#25 - Jacksonville - trade from Los Angeles Rams
#26 - Cleveland
#27 - Baltimore
#28 - New Orleans
#29 - Green Bay
#30 - Buffalo
#31 - Kansas City
#32 - Tampa Bay
Niners will pick Slater if he’s still there and Surtain and Farley are off the board.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Niners will pick Slater if he’s still there and Surtain and Farley are off the board.
Last I heard is they are re-signing LT Trent Williams. But he wants to see what he can get on the market.

efactor

Coming at you
Last I heard is they are re-signing LT Trent Williams. But he wants to see what he can get on the market.
Slater will play RG for now If they resign Williams. McGlinchy will benefit from having a good guard next to him and if they don’t resign him next year, Slater plays RT.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Pick #14 - Minnesota
Defense is a major, major need for Vikings. Cb is a real need, but value not really there. Lb is here, but not a real need. So Parsons continues to drop due to his off field issues.
DE - Gregory Rousseau Miami is the pick

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Administrator
Pick #15 - New England
Bill Belichick loves to prove folks wrong. He needs a long term Qb - but won't trade up to get him. Needs Wrs, but talent isn't worth the value here, and he won't reach - that has burned him in the past. But he is the guy who thinks he can build with talent and control it. Micah Parsons has incredible talent on the field, but has issues off the field. A guy like Belichick can fix that.
the pick is LB Micah Parsons Penn State

Phicinfan

Administrator
Pick #16 - Arizona
Again, key needs are on defense here. Cb and edge rusher are two key needs and there are options at both. So will go to what I feel is the bigger need which is Cb. If they get Chandler Jones back and healthy the edge rush won't be as big a need.

Pick is - Cb Jaycee Horn South Carolina

Phicinfan

Administrator
Pick #17 - Las Vegas
Going pass rusher here, need some pressure to help protect the young Dbs they have.

Jaelan Phillips DE Miami

Phicinfan

Administrator
Pick #18 - Miami
OL have to address the OL - got to give your young Qb some protection so he can run the offense. They acquired a OT in trade, but need some OL to help.

Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech

Phicinfan

Administrator
Pick #19 - Washington
Well, no QB is there, WR is another need but depth at WR in this draft is deep. OL could use help, but I think they go for more help on Defense as the value is there.

Choice - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah Lb Notre Dame

Phicinfan

Administrator
Pick #20 - Chicago
So Bears can't get Qb here. They also won't go Wr here, since they FTed Robinson and are high on the other younger guys. OL is an option here, and there are still players there, and this guy can play OG or OT and has done so well.

Pick is OL Alijah Vera-Tucker USC

Phicinfan

Administrator
Pick #21 - Indianapolis

Wr here seems really tempting, as is DL. Going to go for potential pass rushing as they have the need on the DL.

Pick is: Kwity Paye DL Michigan

Phicinfan

Administrator
Pick #22 - Tennessee

Wr is a key need here, as they are probably losing out on Corey Davis. But what is MORE important is the dire need to get pass rush. With most of the top DE's off the board, time to go to a Tweener OLB that can cover if necessary but can also chase the Qb.

Pick is Zaven Collins OLB Tulsa

Phicinfan

Administrator
Pick #23 - NY Jets
Okay, they got their Qb. Now they need more help for the Qb to help develop. WR or Rb could be huge here, OL also, but that can be done in FA if necessary(so can WR). As much as I say NEVER take a Rb in the first round, I think here you have to. No FA Rb is out there to really help(Aaron Jones signed back with GB)...so you have to get someone to develop with the young Qb.

The pick is - Najee Harris Rb Alabama

Phicinfan

Administrator
Pick #24 - Pittsburgh
No Qb of the future. Rb is a major issue. Wr probably takes a hit due to loss of JuJu. But the loss of Bud Dupree hurts a whole lot more. That being said the talent really isn't there. So Rb is going to be the answer again. Then again, I don't like the Steelers so I don't care if they make a bad decision here :D

Pick is - Travis Etienne Rb Clemson

Phicinfan

Administrator
Pick #25 - Jacksonville
Need to get defense up to speed. Top S is still on the board and the secondary is an issue in Jacksonville.

Pick is - S Trevon Moehrig TCU

Phicinfan

Administrator
Pick #26 - Cleveland
can't really get the key need for Browns which is pass rush, but they need depth at Cb so lets address that.

Pick is Aaron Robinson Cb UCF

efactor

Coming at you
Pick #24 - Pittsburgh
No Qb of the future. Rb is a major issue. Wr probably takes a hit due to loss of JuJu. But the loss of Bud Dupree hurts a whole lot more. That being said the talent really isn't there. So Rb is going to be the answer again. Then again, I don't like the Steelers so I don't care if they make a bad decision here :D

Pick is - Travis Etienne Rb Clemson

Fantasy gold if this happens

Phicinfan

Administrator
Gonna have to finish this, and then start again, with all the FA moves, I think at least a few of these picks will change.

Pick #27 Baltimore
They have fixed some issues in FA, so thinking Wr here. I know some WRs are still out there...but I am not sure they want to spend to get a Golladay. So to me the pick is : Kadarius Toney Wr Florida - speed to burn

Phicinfan

Administrator
Pick #28 New Orleans
Biggest issue is defense for the Saints. Just lost DE Hendrickson and had some losses in the secondary.
But LB has been a very big issue for the Saints. So fixing the middle of this defense is key.

Pick is : Nick Bolton ILB Missouri