Wentz

gizzil

So... is he going to get better? Or the Eagles are just bad? I benched him for Cousins, who got -2, so I guess that is worse. Scooped up Herbert this week. Start Herbert vs Car over Wentz vs Cin this week? QB TD are worth 6 in this league.

Also, New England plays LV this week, which isn't a bad matchup, but @ KC next week. The Chargers' D looks decent. They play Carolina then @ TB next week. Am I reading too much into the Chargers/Chiefs game?

Lastly, in this same league I now have Davin Cook as my #1 RB, the Vikings are definitely bad though. Carson as my normal flex. He seems safe. Then now on the bench I am carrying Josh Kelley (yes, a Charger), Antonio Gibson, and Zack Moss. Should I drop on of them for like a Claypool? Russel Gage? MVS? Keelan Cole? TreQuan? Marvin Jones? DeSean Jackson? I literally now only have Kupp and Amari Cooper because I lost Sutton, which in a 14 teamer when we only start 1 RB, 2 WR and a flex I thought was decent. Or maybe shop RBs for somebody's backup QB? Or like trade for a WR? Or maybe trade RB for a TE? I had Gronk... So now I have Jimmy Graham cuz... Falcons blow at Tight end coverage. Everybody carries two QB in this league so I kinda felt lucky getting Herbert. Sigh, coulda had Rodgers when I grabbed Wentz.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Wentz will be held back due to - Bad O-line - on their 2nd OLT, on their 2nd OLG, on their third ORG and Lane Johnson is back but still not 100% at ORT. Add to that - No Jeffrey and now no Reagor at WR, plus basically only Sanders at Rb. Defense isn't all that great either. So yeah, he won't get much better. I am not a fan of rookie Qbs starting, but vs. a very, very good KC, Hebert balled out. I might take the chance. I would NOT ever start Cousins.

Rb - Cook should be doing okay for you, even if Minny sucks. Getting late TDs in catch up isn't bad. Carson has been pretty solid as well. I would hang on to Josh Kelley, as he is getting a lot of work. Gibson should get better as season goes on. Moss isn't what folks thought, and he is injured right now.... I MIGHT drop him to grab an MVS(Adams is still banged up with hammy), Claypool has been fun, but they are really deep at Wr, Gage...it seems he is getting all of Hooper's old work...., Cole - Jax is planning to pass alot, and Chark is double covered, and he is #3.
So if you only start one rb, I might move some to get Wr help.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Gage and Robbie Anderson are out there... Why didn't I go Fitz!!
Honestly, I would go with Robbie Anderson right now. He is basically the #2, and with run CMC out of the game they will have to throw more.