Antonio Bryant Likely Out All Preseason

Runnik's Hambones

Just left training camp today with Eric, Ryan and Rachelle. On the radio right after practice, HC Morris informed us that AB will be undergoing surgery on his knee to help with the swelling. Because of this he will be out for 3-4 weeks, sidelining him for the preseason. There's a possibility he will make it on the field in the final game, but we'll have to wait and see.

Also the Bucs depth chart was released. Looks like Luke McCowen will be taking snaps first and will likely play the entire 1st quarter. Then Leftwitch will play the 2nd, some in the 3rd likely, then it's Josh Freeman and last is Josh Johnson.

As I've stated before, after watching them all Josh Johnson is the hands down, most impressive QB. I think he should be #2 right now, but HC Morris has been reported saying that they will not look at the exact positions of the players until well into the preseason. We'll see what happens.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Bucs coach Raheem Morris revealed Monday that Antonio Bryant will be out 3-4 weeks with a torn meniscus in his knee.

Analysis: The knee will be "scoped" shortly. Morris expects Bryant back by Week 1, but he'll miss all of preseason, which will be costly as the Bucs break in a new offense and quarterbacks. Tampa is now woefully thin at receiver, with Brian Clark likely to take reps as the first-team split end into September. Bryant's game is reliant on vertical ability, so any knee trouble is a major concern.

Ruh Roh.

I personally was not high on him going into the season, this just cements it.

With a new coaching staff, loss of key veterans and an unstable QB situation, it's going to be a season of growing pains for the Bucs.