You Bell Owners growing concerned yet?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I would be, somewhat, considering,

According to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Le'Veon Bell's agent had agreed to a five-year extension with the Steelers but Bell turned it down.

Per Bouchette, Bell's agent had a five-year deal in place that would have netted the All-Pro running back more than $12 million annually including $30 million over the first two season. The contract was agreed to the afternoon of the July 17 deadline for franchise players but Bell had a last-minute change of heart and decided to nix the deal. Bell, who has held out from Steelers training camp this summer, wants to reset the running back market, reportedly seeking up to $15 million annually. Despite the deal falling through, Bell is expected to join the Steelers ahead of Week 1.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

KillerFins

Staff member
I would be as well. While I get it that he is upset they didn't agree on a long term deal, I don't think him not signing the one year deal. Then he can walk next year, or get an even bigger FT deal.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Bell has a history of hitting the ground running. He also has a history of suspensions, and injuries. In fact every other year since he entered the league he has missed games due to injuries. He needs to get to camp.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Updating an earlier report, Le'Veon Bell's agent has denied that he had a deal in place with the Steelers ahead of the July 17 deadline for franchise players.

It was reported that agent Adisa Bakari had negotiated a five-year extension with Pittsburgh before Bell nixed the deal but Bakari has since refuted that claim. "All stories to contrary are false," he said. The Steelers reportedly offered their star running back a deal worth at least $12 million annually, though Bell thought he could do better. Bell has yet to sign his $12.1 million franchise tender, which allows him to hold out without being fined. He should resurface ahead of Week 1.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter