Will the reall Beanie Wells please stand up..

In a PPR, starting 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D.

Here's my roster.
QB - M.Ryan, J.Flacco
RB - P.Thomas, M.Turner, W.Parker
WR - R.Wayne, W.Welker, S.Rice, B.Edwards, L.Moore
TE - Gonzalez
K - Carney
D - Saints

Should I drop L.Moore to pick up B. Wells (free agent)?

Here are a few of my considerations:
-Must start 3 WRs every week (not that I would ever start Moore over any of the my other choices but may have trade value later)
-L.Moore had a great week and may continue to perform

Thanks,
Big Apple in Texas

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Is there anyone else to pick up?

Parker lost his job to Mendenhall and was only worth a whopping 28 points in most formats over the year so far if that helps.

besides Beanie Wells, worth mentioning are the following:
RBs
C.Taylor - J.Jones - R.Bush - M.Bush - G.Coffee - J. Harrison - D.MacFadden
WRs
T.Holt - M.Massaquoi - L.Coles - M.Wallace

Are you suggesting that I drop Parker, instead of L.Moore if I decide to pick someone up? I was considering offering a trade to someone, a 2 for 1 (Parker and Moore) for an upgrade in either position.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I dont know how much value you can get out of Parker. If Mendenhall has finally woke up (and I think he has) Parker will probably ride the remainder of the year and not be resigned.

If this is Dynasty there are alot of nice options on that list. If its redraft, I like Taylor. I always like to have Taylor because you never know when AP might get hurt. When AP is good youve still got a productive back on your roster, and if he does get hurt youve got a super star or APs owner bent over the table.

Who would you trade Moore and Parker for just out of curiousity...

To the team who currently owns Mendenhall. Parker would be a solid handcuff and his WRs are: S.Smith (Car), TJ Housh, Fitzgerald, P.Harvin, A.Miles. (He could use the WR help)

I would ask for TJ Housh. Although, he has been pretty erratic this year. His schedule is pretty soft (Dal,Det,StL,Houst,TB,GB) and he definitely has upside, if Hasselbeck stays healthy and gets protections. I may even consider S.Smith. Both of these stud WRs haven't really produced but you never know when they will begin. Trading 2 for 1, would leave me with a roster spot open where I can then pick up C. Taylor.

He didn't go for it so I dropped Moore since I have 4 good options at WR.

However, I hate to leave a talent like Wells as a free agent.

Should I drop Parker for Wells?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
If this is redraft you should leave Wells alone and pick up Chester Taylor.

Taylor is guarenteed production.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Is something wrong with Hightower that I don't know about? Because I wouldn't drop Lance Moore (who can score like a #1 WR) for Beanie who has yet to find a role in that offense.

Sorry, I should have mentioned in my last post. I dropped Moore and picked up Taylor. Since I have R.Wayne, W.Welker, S.Rice, B.Edwards, I felt L.Moore only offers marginal benefit.

I see Wells taking over as RB1, I feel he is a much better talent than Hightower.

The trend that I see is an increase in workload, each week he is getting more carries. Hightower is definitely giving Wells a run for his money. I believe that will only make Wells better, good competition usually does. Granted, Hightower is perhaps the better receiving and blocking back, for now, but Wells is more explosive. My gut tells me that Whisenhunt knows this and wants to use his talent to add another dimension to his offense, a run game. With their passing attack keeping the secondary honest, it's only a matter of time that Wells becomes a factor. Look at the results the Saints are having with their RBs. Wells may be just as talented, dare I say, more talented then P.Thomas.

Also, Wells' schedule during the FF playoff weeks is promising. I'm in a redraft league, if I were in a Dynasty league this would be a no brainer, in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Great input! I haven't paid much attention to the Cards backfield because of how the offense flows through Warner so I appreciate the thoughts on Wells.

Gut feelings

Here are a few others that have may value for your line ups:

Obvious: S. Greene (RB), B. Wells (RB), M. Wallace (WR), J. Snelling (RB), A. Smith (QB), T. Scheffler (TE)

Not so obvious:
J. Charles (RB) (LJ may have tweeted himself out of a job)
J. Fargas (RB) (running hard and healthy)
J. Jones (WR) (3rd wr on GB, Nelson's injury definitely gives this guy more PT. He's big and fast, 2 scores in 3 last games. If he has a big week this week, won't be available any longer)
C. Simpson (RB) (Colt's 3rd rb, may now be Addai's back up)
D. Lee (Finley is out, Finley may end up being a nice fill in for a couple of weeks, especially against a Vikings D that is soft in the middle)
S. Aiken (Patriots 3rd WR due to Edelman's injury and Galloway's release)
B. Hartline (Phins wr, Ginn is going to be riding pine, Hartline is a sure handed wr from Ohio State, will see more PT)

Last edited by a moderator: