Wild card/ playoff games this week

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
So, in the NFC you have:

Giants at Green Bay - this to me is the game of the week. Both teams are struggling to run, and have what could be huge passing games. Both have defense that have been up and down, and have key injuries. But they are playing in Green Bay right...so this is a lock? Keep in mind a couple of things. When Eli Manning is the underdog Qb in a playoff game, he is 7-0. Add to that he has as many playoff wins in Lambeau as Rodgers with 2. This will be a very close game....and Dallas will have their voodoo dolls against the Giants out full force. Have to lean Giants here.

Detroit at Seattle - this to me is much more clear cut. I love Detroit, and would love to see them win, but lets face facts, they can't run to save their lives, and Stafford since the finger injury is NOT what he was prior. Add to that Slay at Cb is banged up and may not be able to play, and I lean heavily to Seattle at home in this game.

In the AFC you have:
Miami at Pittsburgh - Miami won't have Tannehill, and that may not be all bad, but playing Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh is bad. Granted Ajayi had his break out against Pittsburgh, but the Pitt Def has gotten better, and Pittsburgh will have Bell, Brown and Roethlisburger in this game. I lean Pittsburgh here.

Oakland at Houston - and here is probably the biggest train wreck of all the games this week. Of all things we have a Qb match up of Connor Cook vs. Brock Osweiler....Yuck. To me this will come down to a couple of things. IF Oakland can play smash mouth and run on Houston, and keep Cook from having to win the game, they can win this. If Houston can control running game, and get great field by picking Cook, then even Osweiler can win this. I am going out and say Oakland does it.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I'll take GB in a close one over NYG.

Seattle is bi polar... I have no clue if good Seattle or bad Seattle will show up so I would not be surprised at all if they lose. But I'll pick them at home and hopefully they can get on a roll because they certainly can win the whole thing if they play up to their potential.

Pitt over Miami... they're pretty damn good at home. IMO they have the fire power to take out NE if they can put it together on the road. They might be the only ones who can do it in the AFC.

OAK over Houston... don't care who's QBing for the Raiders they can't be much worse than Osweiler. Give me the more talented supporting cast in OAK.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
NYG @ GB is the GOW here. The winner will advance to the NFC title game. How cold is it going to be? That's my big fear for Eli. My brain says Packers at home but my heart leans with the New York Football Giants to find a way.

The Hawks can stay in the dressing room this week and let their fans carry the day. It's an incredible home field advantage and the Lions are going to be tamed in a big way.

Ben, Brown, and Bell plus home field, enough said. Steelers sink the Fish.

Houston has a nasty habit of being decent in the regular season and then showing the world how much they really suck. Just win baby...the Raiders advance!

efactor

Coming at you
GB wins at home in a close one. Eli throws a critical pick

Seattle isn't very good but at home against the 6th seed, they move on

Steelers have too much offense to lose to Miami. Bell has 200 total and a couple scores

Houston stacks the line and then feasts on Conner Cook when the Raiders have to pass. Long day for the rookie. First time a rookie QB has made his first career start in a playoff game in the Super Bowl era. 13-9 Houston.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Tekie and E-Factor look better than Jimmy the Greek after Houston has what it takes to advance. The rest of us overlooked the star power of the Texans QB. LMAO!

cctekguy

Staff member
That first round was pretty easy to pick. Only a real loser wouldn't have gotten these 4 right. ;)

Next round won't be so easy.

cctekguy

Staff member
So who you picking next week E?

I'm thinking of Hou over N.E. just because there is no way in hell that Hou beats N.E.

Seen this script before. Heck, we saw it in November when Trump won. NO WAY in hell that happens.

efactor

Coming at you
So who you picking next week E?

I'm thinking of Hou over N.E. just because there is no way in hell that Hou beats N.E.

Seen this script before. Heck, we saw it in November when Trump won. NO WAY in hell that happens.

Nah, no sub 32 degree days in hell this week

Pats roll Houston

Steelers got too much offense for KC

Ryan picks the Seahawks apart and Falcons win a high scoring game

Rodgers scorches the Dallas secondary. Roll Pack

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Yeah Patriots in a cake walk as they dismantle the Texans.

Agree the Falcons are too much for the Hawks this week and who would have thought that at the start of the season.

Dallas keeps the ball out of Rodgers hands and advance with their keep-a-way strategy.

I'll have to watch the progress on Big Ben for a couple of days. Okay Ben is playing but it won't be enough. Chiefs win.

Last edited:

cctekguy

Staff member
Going with the Pats just because it would be criminal to do anything else.

Seattle wakes Atlanta up from their dream with an upset.

Dallas sends Green Bay packing.

Kansas City doesn't get beat in Arrowhead and Steelers can't win on the road. KC in a slugfest.