why didn't they review the fumble?

Jetdoc

I agree...I was screaming at the TV about this, and was flabbergasted that they just decided to end the game with a whimper.

The rest of the officiating wasn't that bad, IMO. I think the roughing the passer call was a bit much, but the rest wasn't too terrible.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i definitely thought it should have been reviewed and was a strange ending. not sure if it wouldve changed the outcome, but you never know.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
and i agree with jetdoc about the officiating. i didnt see it as biased or lopsided, just a sloppy game overall with a lot of chippy mistakes and penalties. the one roughing the passer was a bad call, but thats the only one i remember.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
i definitely thought it should have been reviewed and was a strange ending. not sure if it wouldve changed the outcome, but you never know.

Maybe not, but the odds of a successful hail mary with Fitz in the endzone have got to go up.

And where was the 15 yards on Holmes for using the ball as a prop after his touchdown? That could've helped the Cards.

My beef with the refs is this... if you're going to call every little thing, rather than "letting the players play", then do it across the board. Don't turn a blind eye when it suits you.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Uh, according to what I have heard, they did review it up in the review booth, and upheld the fumble call.

Runnik's Hambones

I as well thought that play should have been reviewed, but I heard the same thing Phic did. Or at least, one of the people I was watching with said that they heard the booth did review the play.

On a whole, that game was poorly officiated. There were a lot of crap calls.

Mike

Administrator
Didn't get to see the game yet, but from listening to the radio after the game, both fans and radio hosts were all pretty well aligned that the Cardinals got screwed over multiple times by the officials.

If that's truly the case, kind of glad I missed it.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Head of officiating reviewed the fumble and validated the call on the field. It was indeed a fumble.

GBG

Loser
Sucked that it was a fumble and the game ended on a soft note. I would have loved to watch Warner hurl a Hail Mary to the endzone ... never know what could have happened.

Hawks Eye

Master of Inexpertise
I thought that the officiating was a little slanted, not overly so, but I thought there were some pretty sketchy calls. At first, I was upset about the roughing the passer call, but watching the replay, you could see, after initial contact, he extended his arms to push Roethlisberger down. Still a little sketchy, but we did see that.

eaglechick

I'm back :)
usually when there's a review, there's a timeout and they say "official review" and all that crap. it takes a while, and we all see the officials looking and discussing and blah blah blah. in this case, they did a short commercial break and gave the ball to the stillers. i'm not saying it would have changed anything, but it sure didn't look like a review to me. :hmmm:

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I thought that the officiating was a little slanted, not overly so, but I thought there were some pretty sketchy calls. At first, I was upset about the roughing the passer call, but watching the replay, you could see, after initial contact, he extended his arms to push Roethlisberger down. Still a little sketchy, but we did see that.

I think the refs tried to let them play but both teams started holding every, stinking, play, so they had to pick and choose which holding penalties to call.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
Sucked that it was a fumble and the game ended on a soft note. I would have loved to watch Warner hurl a Hail Mary to the endzone ... never know what could have happened.

i agree. i was disappointed to not see the super bowl end on a jump ball and see what superfitz could come up with.

if you thought the crabtree catch in college was big earlier this year, that wouldve been the play of a lifetime if fitz makes it.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
That's what I'm talking about. That celebration penalty would've been huge if the refs weren't busy with the see-no-evil monkey routine.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
i agree. i was disappointed to not see the super bowl end on a jump ball and see what superfitz could come up with.

if you thought the crabtree catch in college was big earlier this year, that wouldve been the play of a lifetime if fitz makes it.

After watching that game I'm convinced that the sound effects for the Million Dollar Man played every time Fitz went up for a catch.