Who's getting the nod?

mills

Romo vs. Jets or Orton vs. Raiders (4pt TD's)

Dez vs. Jets or Wells vs. Pathers (6pt TD's, 1pt - 10yds)

I always play my studs but Romo may have a tough outing vs. the Jets...

Thanks dudes!

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Romo vs. Jets or Orton vs. Raiders (4pt TD's)

Dez vs. Jets or Wells vs. Pathers (6pt TD's, 1pt - 10yds)

I always play my studs but Romo may have a tough outing vs. the Jets...

Thanks dudes!
I would lean Romo here. I am still not a huge Orton fan, and Raiders have a solid defense.
AS for the other, I would lean Wells, as this will be one of the few times you can maybe use him...before he gets hurt.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Would you still lean Romo knowing Tyron Smith is either not going to play or be very limited with his hyper extended knee, in addition to another rookie starter on the line? I think the Jets are going to eat his ass alive.

Remote Controller

I wanted to say Dez, and get some of Romos possible points anyway, but feel Romo is gonna have a very rough day in NewYork. I normally like a viable back over a WR in situations like this. It pained me Sarge....it really did.

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
Yeah, Romo and Wells but ya gotta know that your QB isn't contributing much to your win this week no matter which one you pick. If only it was someone other than Orton vs the Raiders. I think Wells has a great week!

mills

Only other option is Newton... so yeah... I really want to start Romo as he has sat on my bench since week 6 last season but Orton feels safer here.

cctekguy

Staff member
Don't understand the bad rap on Orton.

He's been under the gun since Chicago yet puts up decent numbers week in and week out.

Brandon Lloyd wasn't throwing to himself.

Orton is the easy choice here with Wells being my answer to part 2.

Remote Controller

Don't understand the bad rap on Orton.

He's been under the gun since Chicago yet puts up decent numbers week in and week out.

Brandon Lloyd wasn't throwing to himself.

Orton is the easy choice here with Wells being my answer to part 2.
You are Old and Wise too!

MMRussell6

Raiders no longer have Asomugha, he is with the Jets.....that takes away a huge chunk of the "Raiders D". I agree with the majority and would go with Orton. Romo is going to get murdered this year.

Do you know why he got hurt last year? Its because his offensive line is the youngest and least experienced in the NFL. Playing Romo against the Jets is like playing your RB against the Steelers D...you are setting yourself up for failure. Hopefully Jason Garrett and Jimmy Robinson dumbed down the offensive playbook to give Romo more options for quick passes this year so at least he has a chance to be successful. Wait and see after Week 1. Orton is the MUCH safer bet.

I was planning on drafting Rivers in my fantasy league for the sole reason that he will play the Raiders twice this year and will be throwing everywhere now that Asomugha is gone... I settled for Tom Brady though ;)

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Raiders no longer have Asomugha, he is with the Jets.....that takes away a huge chunk of the "Raiders D". I agree with the majority and would go with Orton. Romo is going to get murdered this year.

Do you know why he got hurt last year? Its because his offensive line is the youngest and least experienced in the NFL. Playing Romo against the Jets is like playing your RB against the Steelers D...you are setting yourself up for failure. Hopefully Jason Garrett and Jimmy Robinson dumbed down the offensive playbook to give Romo more options for quick passes this year so at least he has a chance to be successful. Wait and see after Week 1. Orton is the MUCH safer bet.

I was planning on drafting Rivers in my fantasy league for the sole reason that he will play the Raiders twice this year and will be throwing everywhere now that Asomugha is gone... I settled for Tom Brady though ;)

Asomuagha is on the Eagles