Who Would You Keep?

dannywest

Florida Skunk Apes
I'm in a 12 team keeper league, you get two keepers however you must give up your pick in the round that you drafted them. If you keep a keeper from the previous year you give up your first round selection, if you keep both from the previous year you give up your first two rounds.

I'll be keeping Andre Johnson for a 3rd round pick.

For my second should I spend a fourth round pick on Stevie Johnson or a fifth round on Steven Jackson?

ExperiencedRookie

Eeeck. Can't say I'm in love with either of those players. The price tag is about the same on them, but you're probably getting better draft value by keeping SJax.

Do you have any other deeper roster options?

dannywest

Florida Skunk Apes
No, due to add/dropping the rest of the guys that I drafted that remained on the roster are
6. Vernon Davis
7. Matt Ryan
8. Santana Moss

My team was garbage, my final roster is littered with guys like Javon Ringer, Michael Jenkins and Doug Baldwin. I had Shonne Green but I'd have to give up a first rounder to keep and I'm not doing that.

Maybe Matt Ryan in the seventh is a decent option?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
What is the scoring like Danny? I fully agree with A.J....but if you don't get pts for PPR or you get a bonus for big plays...that might lead to a choice.

gizzil

yeah depending on scoring Matty looks like a pretty sweet option... especially considering the other ones. AJ the easiest call

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I think I'd just keep Ryan for the 7th and keep your other picks. If I had to pick a SJ, it would be Stevie johnson.

cctekguy

Staff member
The price tag is about the same on them, but you're probably getting better draft value by keeping SJax.

Based on ADP, ER is exactly right. SJax for a 5th (ADP late 2nd/early 3rd) is clearly the better value.

Johnson will cost a 4th (ADP late 5th/early 6th) and Ryan a 7th (ADP early 7th).

You could conceivably keep SJax @ 5 and then draft Johnson 6th and Ryan 7th letting you keep your core team and still giving you 3 of your top 4 picks.

dannywest

Florida Skunk Apes
Scoring is 6 points for TDs, all TDs, PPR, 1 point per 50 yards passing with a 5 point bonus at 300 and at 400, 1 point per 20 yards rushing/receiving with a 5 point bonus at 150 yards and 200 yards. I'll be checking today on these bonus points.

Keepers already given are:
Brady (3rd round)
Jordy Nelson (9th round)
Arian Foster (1st round)
Darrius Heyward-Bay (15th round)
Victor Cruz (Undrafted)
Darren Sproles (Undrafted)
Wes Welker (4th Round)
Roy Helu (13th round)
Marshawn Lunch (7th round)
Gronkowski (8th round)

That's all that's been turned in so far, selections are due by the end of the day.

dannywest

Florida Skunk Apes
I was thinking the same thing while typing out that post.

I'm going to go Jackson.

Thanks for everyone's input!