Who will be the next coach at Tennessee?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
No, not a bad hire at all.

He has done wonders at Duke, gonig 4-8 and then 5-7. Many will forget Duke was 5-3 this season and had a chance, but faded down the stretch. Had he (or if he) stays/stayed at Duke Id have expected them bowling this year.

Hes won more games the last two years there then has been won in just under the last 6 years. I think he will be a guy that can galvanize the youngsters there and he has tangilble proof he can win in a bad place to try it.

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
Sorry everyone!! Another phone call. Cutcliffe changed his mind or decided against moving (can't believe this). Evidently pressure from Duke ($$, alum and players/families) worked. Also, it is an ACC not SEC schedule and at a school where expectations are mid level. And a deal seems to have been struck with Troy Calhoun out of Air Force. Should be announced tomorrow late afternoon or evening. I hope this ends it and we can get back to football!!

At this point not sure what to think. I just sure hope he is not going to run that option crap in Tennessee!!! Oh well we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Sorry everyone!! Another phone call. Cutcliffe changed his mind or decided against moving (can't believe this). Evidently pressure from Duke ($$, alum and players/families) worked. Also, it is an ACC not SEC schedule and at a school where expectations are mid level. And a deal seems to have been struck with Troy Calhoun out of Air Force. Should be announced tomorrow late afternoon or evening. I hope this ends it and we can get back to football!!

At this point not sure what to think. I just sure hope he is not going to run that option crap in Tennessee!!! Oh well we'll see.

Im not sure Dan. Calhoun has NFL OC experience with the Texans, but it appears his choice is a ground based option offense.

That said, Tennesee WILL be the most talented team hes ever had, and he may very well run a pro-style offense.

The guy has done well at Air Force, but Im not sure I like this hire....

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
I didn't like the thought of it as well. Good thing I guess. I will have to research Dooley a lot more!!!

I am truly sick of this BS. Something has to be screwy in the AD at TN. Why would Muschamp (understand that for the most part), Cutcliffe, and Calhoun, and evidently a couple more coaches turn cheek at TN?? :headscratch::headscratch: