FA Signing: who will be first

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Gone to a team that doesn't have a QB=Flush.
Granted. But I don't think they remain in that state.

I think they end up with a QB in first round, and or Vick. In which case, that could change the enviornment some.

efactor

Coming at you
Oakland is a mess and has shown no sign this off season of even having a clue as to how to right the ship.
Have to agree here. Not trying to pile on, but they are nowhere near competing and they keep signing guys in their 30s. They need to rebuild with young FAs and through the draft. McKenzie has to go.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Bengals won't match Browns' offer for Andrew Hawkins
yeah, when I saw early on the report that said they would I Thought it was crazy, too much player for a guy who can only fill the slot. This is a very deep draft, they can find a replacement here.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Backup QBs starting to drop:
Jason Campbell goes from Cleveland to Cincinnati
Ryan Fitzpatrick goes from Tenn. to Houston - look for Schaub to be gone quickly...

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The NFL's "Charlie Hustle" AKA Lance Moore signed a 2 year deal with Pittsburg. My congratulations to Lance and I wish him nothing but good fortune.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I don't really get Vick? What do we do with geno?
I think they are hoping with some real competition he improves. but at a 2nd round price, if Vick wins out, he doesn't cost much on the bench or for trade bait or cut.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Could be a good short term band aid for NYJ. Vick does help Deckers value a little, but not to the degree some are hoping. If they can land DJax, that could help Decker quite a bit as he would have someone to take defensive pressure off of him while still leaving him as the primary red-zone target.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Knowshon to Miami.

I like this move for both sides. I know some are still buying the hype on Miller....I am not. For one, Moreno is a lock to play on passing downs due to his pass blocking skills. This should help a rebuilding OLine. Rushing wise, he may split with Miller some, but while not spectacular, he has turned into a solid option.

I think he upgrades this team overall and increases the value of all other Dolphin offensive players not named Miller and Thomas.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Sorry.....with upgrade was meant about those around him. I agree, of course he takes a downturn from last year....but he stays valuable in this role abd I see him as a RB2 type. I dont think many expected a repeat of last year no matter where he went.

Phicinfan

Administrator
by all reports he had no other offers coming, and Denver was not interested at all, seem to be all in on Ball. So he had no option but to go where there is way too much competition. I am not sure this was a good move for either.