Who were the big winners at the combine?

DearbornDolfan

With White in, look for Miami to run the Wildcat until it can be stopped.

Oh, and please somebody bring up the argument I know is going to be brought up.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
What argument>>? He can play WR, RB, QB, and still have time to think about CB in the 8 DB Prevent set.

With White in, look for Miami to run the Wildcat until it can be stopped.

Oh, and please somebody bring up the argument I know is going to be brought up.
I know. why ain't I getting mad props on calling Pat White being a high pick?

I'm guessing the argument you speak of goes something like Quincy Carter?

So, are you saying that the Dolphins spent a 2nd round pick on Pat White to only play QB in the 8-10 times a game they run the Wildcat formation? I would be surprised, with all the needs the Dolphins have, that they used the pick on White, and didn't envision ways of getting the ball in hands in all kinds of game situations. In fairness though, it took a team as creative as Miami to pull the trigger on White. If they hadn't taken him, it would have been interesting to see who else would have, and where he would have gone. Gotta think a team equally as creative, like New England, had to have him on their radar.
I'm saying Pat White got picked on the first day when almost all had him going on day two, probably. Seems like he helped himself more than anyone else.

So, are you saying that the Dolphins spent a 2nd round pick on Pat White to only play QB in the 8-10 times a game they run the Wildcat formation? I would be surprised, with all the needs the Dolphins have, that they used the pick on White, and didn't envision ways of getting the ball in hands in all kinds of game situations. In fairness though, it took a team as creative as Miami to pull the trigger on White. If they hadn't taken him, it would have been interesting to see who else would have, and where he would have gone. Gotta think a team equally as creative, like New England, had to have him on their radar.
I'm saying Pat White was THE mover in the draft.

I called him

And so it goes. Duk somehow soars above.

To all who would watch. duk has drawn me out on my announcement. He has offered others a chance to get on my side.

if only i could tell time in Danish

dukdown

Banned
Maybe you wrote it subliminally, or between the lines, but I don't see where you "called" that Pat White would be a first day selection. Axually, I think it was me who said he had a chance at being a first day selection.

But as far as calling who had helped themselves the most at the combine, and you pointing out Pat White, good call. He did out-perform Mark Sanchez in all the throwing drills, and that had to have been a positive in his evaluation.

With that being said...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snhiofL2Rh4"]YouTube - Blue Velvet Pabst Blue Ribbon[/ame]

I know. why ain't I getting mad props on calling Pat White being a high pick?

I'm saying Pat White got picked on the first day when almost all had him going on day two, probably. Seems like he helped himself more than anyone else.

Seemed White had been slowly moving up boards since the Senior Bowl. Any other year his projected 3rd round selection would have been a day 1 pick. No one doubted White as an athlete was worth a 1st day pick it was always a matter of where would he play. With him consistently climbing the board I don't think anyone should have been surprised a team had to take him in the 2nd, especially if they included playing QB as an option.