Who is the best backup QB in the game?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
what a great thread!
maybe I missed them, but shouldn't Luck and RG3 be included too? for now at least
No for the same reason I don't think you should count Flynn or Skelton, as they may well be the starters.

I disagree on whoever it was that said Orton doesn't fit. No, he has not been a back up in a while, but he HAS been a back up before, and as a past starter, who has won games, that makes him a great fit for a veteren back up. Just my $0.02

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Flynn's starting, period. I fail to see where the legitimate argument is there.
I'm ruling out any young guys who are backups, but widely considered the future QB. (Locker, Kaepernick, maybe Skelton)

Hate to go chalk, but the backup who gives his team the best chance to win if the starter goes down is Orton. He's actually not very far below Romo on the talent scale, for that matter

gizzil

Orton/Hill/Campbell not necessarily in that order... I don't include Flynn cuz he probably gonna start for them - i would think sooner vs later

PS i missed two full pages or they werent present on my screen - but looks like people agree Flynn is starting - and Luck RG3 probably playin right?

Last edited by a moderator:

gizzil

Also I do really like Cowboys chances to win with Orton... however with what i ASSUME the new offense will be here (roll outs, hot routes, audibles, moving pockets, etc) totally diggin Bears chances if campbell has to play

Escrow

I think Orton is terrible

Flynn will not be a backup

RG3 and Luck will be Week 1 Starters...