Who Are The Most Improved Players Thus Far?

Scout200

Who has made a huge step from last year to this year and really become a big contributor to the team or the NFL in general?

-Scout

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Last year Arian Foster rushed for 257 yards with 3 scores. He caught 8 passes for 93 yards and no TD's. This year he leads the league. There's a great list of improved players posted above me but few can equal the improvement shown by Foster.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Qb: Orton, Freeman, Vick
Rb: Hillis, Turner(come on....you all weren't sure either :nono: ), Foster, LT2(see Turner), Forte(see turner, LT2)
Honorable mention due to late production: Fred Jackson, Tolbert
Wr: Steve Johnson, Mike Williams Sea, Welker(I am shocked he is playing...), Lloyd, Amendola(PPR), Nicks(before injury), Bowe
Te: Heap, Mercedes Lewis

Just off the top of my head

#1bears fan

QB Orton, Vick
RB Foster, hillis ( If I was saying 3 LT would be here)
WR TO, Bowe
TE I didnt even know who Tamme was until a couple weeks ago

My overall would be Orton

Remote Controller

Hillis had 73 combined yards last year, and 1 TD. The fact that he has 1319 total yards and 13 Td's already this year, makes this a pretty easy question to answer for me. You had to draft Foster to get him. You actually had to spend earlier than one really wanted to to get him. Great job for those who did. Peyton wasn't even Mr. Irrelevant in most leagues unless you knew him and the oppurtunity he had. He was picked up in most leagues via the wire if not a last round grab. If Peyton isn't the most improved he is definitly the biggest Fantasy suprise. He was basically picked up by some as a # 4 or #5 rb in ppr leagues. I had him pegged as a possible Alstott clone. I guessed 900 to 1000 total yards with 40 receptions and 8-10 td's. He will win plenty of leagues this year. If you happened to draft Foster and grab Hillis on the wire, you are a God in your league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Hillis get my vote!

And not really most improved, but talk about a bounce back from his year in Buffalo.....TO! Team sucks, but TO is having a monster year.

Orton, I agree, what a year. Foster has been a machine as well. McCoy has already surpassed his rookie numbers in every major category. Pettigrew is a TE who made a big leap this year.

Vicious_Machine

Overall: Another vote for Hillis. I grabbed him a few leagues after he started hot, but I honestly was just thinking flex/bye week sub. Now he is my #1 guy, ABSOLUTE BEAST!! I think he has scored every week except one.

QB: Really? Nobody said Fitzpatrick?? REALLY??? The Bills had beat the steelers if S Johnson hands on to that PERFECT ball. I am sorry, but Vick-Orton-Freeman, I knew ALL these guys, they all had potential, I was watching all 3 as soon as draft ended. Fitzpatrick was a nobody.

WR: Brandon Lloyd! Where the hell did this come from... I think efactor on here convinced me to grab him. I wish we could find that post.

TE: Mercedes Lewis as well. 8 TDs? WTF? I think some guy in CBS drafted him early in a mock, and the mocking was rampant, and I thought he was high too... I guess thats why they get paid to write articles.

Defense: Clay Matthews - I dont think you can watch 30 seconds of a packers game with them playing D without somebody going on & on about him. He was good, but he just went to possibly the best defensive player in the NFC (or at least when I watch the games, it feels like that from the commentary).