What's up with all the talk of Beanie Wells?

2minutedrill

I know Beanie is suppose to have a better year than last, but seems he's getting a lot of hype this year so far. I drafted him in my $$ ppr league as a reserve behind s.jax and moreno. should i be starting wells instead? I feel i should give it a week so i can see how he runs :nono2:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I know Beanie is suppose to have a better year than last, but seems he's getting a lot of hype this year so far. I drafted him in my $$ ppr league as a reserve behind s.jax and moreno. should i be starting wells instead? I feel i should give it a week so i can see how he runs :nono2:
This is the starting Rb with no real back up hype that hits alot of fantasy folks.

Had the rookie not blown out his knee, I don't think Wells would sniff starting for long. As it is, Arizona picked up Chester Taylor...so he may not keep it anyway. I have followed Wells throughout college and in the pros....he gets dinged up alot, and can't really play through it. So if you can, sell now while he is high...before folks really see what will happen.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
He'll be hurt soon 2-M so if you plan on playing him you'd better hurry. Oh wait, that's what PhiCin just said.

efactor

Coming at you
Hmmmmm. First round pick. Starting RB in the NFL. Saying he is "not good" is a little simple...................

As far as being dinged up, his history is not good, but kind of like McFadden last year, one injury free season and he'll be going as a top 8-10 back next year.

I think he will have a nice season now that they have a threat of a passing game again. I would say buy before he goes off and the price gets too high.................

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
McFadden has alot more talent and his game translates to the NFL much better than Beanie.

Remote Controller

Was this not said of Mcfadden at the begging of last season? I drafted McFadden in the 8th round last year...
Then Wells has to earn it also. Until last season McFadden was heavily questioned, and I'm still not drafting him. I will take the next tier of back after securing a top wideout.

2minutedrill

Woo, wish i had hillis but he was a keeper for one of our $$ league members and seems like she never trades. So i'm stuck with S.jax and moreno for now (but have wallace,nicks and welker as wr's). If i can't trade wells maybe, just maybe, he'll do something this year. ya know you have all the hope and confidence in players, justify everything in your head then kick off comes and it all goes to hell! Love it!

2minutedrill

She might have a tough year but she sticks with her picks. (offered up a lot for boldin last year - lucky for me she declined!) BTW-check in mail as of monday

cctekguy

Staff member
Oooops!

It's past the payment deadline Ralph....Sorry.

Your check will be accepted however you will not be eligible for the post season.

:rollinglaugh:

Remote Controller

....and I do not think Hillis can duplicate last season. I never expected what he did last year. I figured 900 combined, 8-10 TD's and 40 catches. I saw Mike AlstottII.