What to Name the Radio Show?

Runnik's Hambones

Hey gang,

Ryan and I were talking about our show and it has come to my attention that Khris and Ryan isn't going to work. The fault lies with my mother. She decided that she wanted "more African in my name" so she spelled it "Khris" (my mom's black, and obviously dilusional...). The problem is that even if I spell it for someone, they instinctually type "Chris" and when I say, "no it's with a K-H" they then just type "Kris" and I'm like "NO! IT'S K-H-R-I-S!" Then they're so confused that they simply refuse to type that anyway because it's already taken too long to type it.

As you can see, that's a pain in the ass. Ryan and I want to name our radio show something and these are our criteria:

1) We want "Fantasy Football" in the title, so that people will know when reading or listening, that it is a fantasy football show.

2) We don't want it to be long. 4 words maximum for the title, but we'd like it to be just 3 if possible.

3) Something original. We don't want to use the same title of another fantasy football show or podcast (ie: Fantasy Football Extra; Fantasy Football Focus; Fantasy Football Show...)

We planned on still calling the recorded version of our shows (the podcast) Sports Outlaw's Official Fantasy Football Podcast. For the radio show, it's too long for us. We want to make flyers and stuff to promote the show around campus and again, we want something simple.

I suggested (because personally I like this idea) just calling the show: Sports Outlaws Fantasy Football. It's 4 words long so it's pushing it, but this also gets away from the name issue. We then call our selves the Sports Outlaws. The subtitle will be "with Khris and Ryan" (so the full name: Sports Outlaws Fantasy Football with Khris and Ryan). This will also get SO's name out there right away.

Our question is this: What do you think? Do you have any more suggestions for names? Run some thoughts by us if you can, guys. We're not 100% sold on SOFF, but so far it's kind of the only thing we've got. Thanks.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Sounds like a good name. Here's some additional ideas off the top of my head:

• "Fantasy Football Bash" w/ Khris and Ryan
  • "Fantasy Football Outlaws"
  • "Fantasy Football Report" (maybe too generic)
  • "Fantasy Football Fanatics"
  • "Fantasy Football Forecast"

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Does the name need to have fantasy football in the main or can it be in a tag or subtitle?

Runnik's Hambones

Does the name need to have fantasy football in the main or can it be in a tag or subtitle?

I guess FF could be apart of the subtitle. I just want to make sure that people will be able to know it's a fantasy football show. We will obviously be primarily discussing fantasy football, however any of you who have listened to our show know that we stray into other subjects regularly.

I really like Fantasy Football Outlaws though.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
what about Sports Outlaw's Boys? everyone can tune in to the SOBs for some good fantasy football talk. :)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
just me.....but not wild about using "boys".......I understand the nice SOB tag, but you lose me with boys......

Mike

Administrator
Khris and Ryan's Outlaw NFL Talk

I seriously think the spelling of your name, and having it as the first word, will help it stick in people's heads.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
"Sports Outlaw Bar & Grill" (there's the SOB)
Then you could have a fantasy football menu type theme of what the show will feature.