What school is doing better than you expected in recruiting the class of 2012?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Georgia jumps out at me at mid-day.

Virginia Tech could climb into the top 15.

A & M- What? A boost from moving to the country's best league perhaps.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I hope it's the kind with the lotion in it.

USC looks like they'll soon be back near the top of the polls with the class that they're putting together. If there's any Trojan fans reading this I'd appreciate your personal opinions on the class of 2012 for USC.

ND snagging Gunner Kiel was a nice surprise a couple of days ago.

Rees wasn't the answer , but Andrew Hendrix, Everett Golston and now Kiel make for a very interesting QB controversy in 2012

ND snagging Gunner Kiel was a nice surprise a couple of days ago.

Rees wasn't the answer , but Andrew Hendrix, Everett Golston and now Kiel make for a very interesting QB controversy in 2012

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The Irish seem to be having another good year Chris, don't they always but I have no idea where all they need depth and where they need and imediate shot in the arm. Keep an eye out if you don't mind and give a shout out at what you discover under the Golden Dome. Thanks!

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I know there aren't many Buckeye fans using the interent these days, lol but they're making quite a bit of noise themselves. Perhaps one of the Outlaws that follow the program can chime in as to how they're doing vs positions of need up there. Also are any of you brave enough to predict a top five finish for the program this season?

Coachnorm

Eddie Goldman's recruitment ended like it began.

The five-star defensive tackle from Washington (D.C.) Friendship finally committed to Florida State, five months after he raved about his first official visit to Tallahassee.

"It was where I want to be," the nation's top overall prospect said. "If I would have went anywhere else I wouldn't have been happy."
Goldman and his family developed a tight bond with Florida State defensive line coach Odell Haggins. That was a strong factor in Goldman's decision.

Tracy Howard, the nation's top-rated cornerback, signed a letter of intent with Miami, ending one of the more tight-lipped recruiting battles in recent memory.

Howard took official visits to Florida, FSU, USC and West Virginia, but it was the final official visit to Miami that proved to be the difference for the 6-foot, 185-pound senior.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I know there aren't many Buckeye fans using the interent these days, lol but they're making quite a bit of noise themselves. Perhaps one of the Outlaws that follow the program can chime in as to how they're doing vs positions of need up there. Also are any of you brave enough to predict a top five finish for the program this season?

Prior to naming Meyer their coach, Ohio State was in the mid-20's in their recruiting class......fast forward 2 months and Urban turns them into a top 5 class. DLine looks NASTY! They jumped Michigan who was trying to raid Ohio while they could. Great outcome for this class.

As far as predicting top 5 finish, not sure they'll pull that out without the Big ten title game and no Bowl. 2013 is the year to watch out for the Bucks.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Meyer did a fabulous job with that class, but his name alone sells itself.

Torshiro Davis was a shock to us here in Austin, but come on fella!

Chris, I dont think ND's problem is offense, its defense. They need to bring in elite defenders.

ND's defense has actually been pretty good, the offensive turnovers were the killers. They have two great D-Linemen in Aaron Lynch and Stephen Tuitt. (both freshman last year).

Not a whole lot of uber talents outside of Kiel in this years class but here are the best:

Gunner Kiel of Columbus, Ind.
The five-star quarterback is 6'4", 220 lbs and is already enrolled at Notre Dame. "He has seen us play a number of times," Kelly said. "He has seen our offense. He’s confident he can run our offense—he feels comfortable in the system here."

Sheldon Day of Indianapolis, Ind.
The four-star, 6'2", 286 lbs defensive tackle enrolled early at Notre Dame. "Great personality. Dynamic player. He will immediately be able to compete right away," Kelly said of Day.

Jarron Jones of Rochester, NY
The four-star defensive tackle weighs in at 308 lbs and measures 6'7".

William Mahone of Austintown, Ohio
The 5'11", 205 lbs, four-star recruit plays running back. "He understood Notre Dame and recognized what was his ultimate goal--to get a degree and win a national championship," Kelly said of Mahone

Tee Shepard of Fresno, Calif.
The 6'1", 180 lbs defensive back is a four-star recruit and enrolled early at Notre Dame. "We believe he is the best cornerback in the country," Kelly said.

Elijah Shumate of West Orange, NJ
The four-star defensive back stands 6'1" and weighs 205 lbs.

Ronnie Stanley of Las Vegas, Nev.
The four-star offensive linemen is 6'7", 285lbs. "As gifted as an offensive lineman as we have seen in many years. has all things necessary to be left tackle."

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Here is a good summary of the Buckeyes class. Ohio State 5 star's = 4; the rest of the Big 10 = 1.

OHIO STATE
Scout.com rankings

5-star: Four
4-star: 11
3-star: 10
Total: 25
Urban Meyer wasted no time adding talent to Ohio State's team. Meyer added several premier recruits in a very deep Buckeye class.
The Buckeye defensive line is in great shape for the next few years. Five-star defensive ends Noah Spence and Adolphus Washington are terrors off the edge and will accumulate many sacks over their careers.
Five-star defensive tackle Tommy Schutt will help provide a push in the middle. He is an ex-Penn State commitment and was Illinois' Mr. Football this past season.
Braxton Miller will get some help in the Buckeye backfield with the arrival of 5-star running back Bri'onte Dunn. Dunn is a bruising back. He runs downhill, and punishes opposing tacklers.
The Buckeye defense also received boosts at linebacker and in the secondary.
Four-star linebackers Camren Williams, David Perkins and Joshua Perry are all very talented but need seasoning. Armani Reeves and Najee Murray could see time in the Buckeye secondary fairly early in their careers.
Meyer also added 4-star prospects on the offensive line. This will make things much easier for his young team moving forward.
Honestly, everyone saw this coming. Meyer is a masterful recruiter because of his tremendous appeal, and tireless work ethic.

David Perkins is from South Bend Washington, and looked like he was going to enroll at ND for awhile....he played WR and LB but sounds like LB will be his positon in college. 4 stars seems a bit high on him, but I'll be wishing him well as a Buckeye.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Thanks Miller.Wow and I mean wow what a class. I believe that Ohio State will be back on top much sooner than I expected.