What is my next pick?

14 team, non-ppr..standard scoring except for 6 points passing TDs

we start QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, FLEX, FLEX, K, DEF

At FLEX, we can start a RB, WR or TE

Our league drafted through 5 rounds and then the yahoo software crapped out. I drafted 14th out of 14 and here is my team:

QB - Schaub (5th)
WR - Moss (1st)
WR -
RB - Jacobs (2nd)
RB - McFadden (3rd)
FLEX - Moreno
FLEX -
K -
DEF -

Now, we're going to start the draft again starting in the 6th round where I have the 1st pick.

What is my next pick? some guys who are available at the the positions

QB:
McNabb - do I draft him and try to swing a trade?
Ryan
Cutler

WR:
Hines Ward
Lee Evans
Avery
Berrian
Hester
Holt
Walter
Lance Moore

RB:
Wells
Felix
Sproles
Brown
Fred Jackson
Medenhall

TE:
Dallas Clark

Any thoughts? Thanks guys

tblGoBlue

I'd take Ray Rice. The RBs are getting slim for you and Rice is a notch above those left in my opinion. Plus there's a decent chance you could get one of

Hines Ward
Lee Evans
Avery
Berrian
Hester
Moore

in rd 7. They are all pretty close in value in my opinion. TE is deep, wait til rd 8 for that unless the receivers are all gone.

Isn't it funny how we can give great advice for everybody's team but our own. :headscratch:

haha so true.

I'm really leaning towards Ray Rice and hope I can grab Moore in the 7th round.

The great thing about this league is that we don't have to start a TE so I guess the best game plain is to hoard RBs that can start in my FLEX spot.

Any other comments/suggestions are appreciated guys. Thanks again.

My problem with drafting Clark is that our league doesn't have a designated TE slot...I think that drags down the value of tight ends.

If I drafted Clark, he would fill up one of my flex positions.

I think right now, my choices are to either draft Rice with my 6th round pick and grab either Ward/Moore/Walter in the 7th or vice versa.

I think my best play might be Rice...right?

ExperiencedRookie

My problem with drafting Clark is that our league doesn't have a designated TE slot...I think that drags down the value of tight ends.

If I drafted Clark, he would fill up one of my flex positions.

I think right now, my choices are to either draft Rice with my 6th round pick and grab either Ward/Moore/Walter in the 7th or vice versa.

I think my best play might be Rice...right?

You need to figure out who will score more points PERIOD. In those flex spots it doesn't matter what position you pick, just as long as you pick the player who scores the most.

Personally, if I'm in your spot I'm looking for a WR. Should there not be a WR that you can see outscoring Dallas Clark, then I would take Clark.

You need to figure out who will score more points PERIOD. In those flex spots it doesn't matter what position you pick, just as long as you pick the player who scores the most.

Personally, if I'm in your spot I'm looking for a WR. Should there not be a WR that you can see outscoring Dallas Clark, then I would take Clark.

Thank you for your reply.

With that being said, do you believe guys Ward or Evans will outproduce Clark?

I think Ward is a safe pick but he doesn't offer much upside.

I'm a little hesitant on drafting Evans because of his light-throwing QB, that offensive line and the addition of TO.

Maybe I should just draft Ward and hope that Rice is still available at the end of the 7th round.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I don't think Evans does, as I would love anyone to give me ONE other Wr that had a great year opposite Owens.

To me it comes down to Hines Ward or Clark. I would lean Ward right now.

I'd still take Rice all day every day in this situation.

And that's what I'm leaning towards right now.

A lot of people are telling me to lock up a WR2 but Rice in my 2nd FLEX is an attractive option.

I'm thinking one of either Ward/Evans/Moore/Walter should be there in the 7th round while I can't say that Rice would still be available in the 7th.

Thanks guys, just trying to get some opinions on this. Trying to weight all my options here...

So i'm bumping this to get a few more opinions.

I was so set on drafting Rice in the 6th round but with Schaub getting hurt AGAIN last night, does anyone take McNabb as an insurance policy?

I know he's not a safe option either but it would suck if Schaub were to get hurt during the regular season.

Is Rice still my play here or do I go McNabb?

Or should I wait and grab the next best available QB in the 7th round?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I don't think Evans does, as I would love anyone to give me ONE other Wr that had a great year opposite Owens.

To me it comes down to Hines Ward or Clark. I would lean Ward right now.
You are getting Wr desperate. You have 3rbs already...granted one that is injured in Moreno. I am as high on Rice as most..but your wr core is gonna suck of you wait much longer.

My guess is you should not have gone Schaub that early. Especially if McNabb was still there.

I would go Ward. If you have to go flex, I would go Clark. Not Rice.

Then you can hope Rice or McNabb drop more.

You are getting Wr desperate. You have 3rbs already...granted one that is injured in Moreno. I am as high on Rice as most..but your wr core is gonna suck of you wait much longer.

My guess is you should not have gone Schaub that early. Especially if McNabb was still there.

I would go Ward. If you have to go flex, I would go Clark. Not Rice.

Then you can hope Rice or McNabb drop more.

Which I highly doubt happens. We only got through the first 5 rounds before yahoo stopped snaking the draft. I was supposed to have the first pick in the 6th round but ended up getting the last pick. After I grabbed Schaub at 5.14, McNabb, Ryan and Palmer were all taken in the 6th...although those rounds technically do not count.

Also, I doubt that Rice comes back to me in the 7th while I believe I could grab one of Ward/Moore.

We only start 2 WRs so I think I could live with that, Moss is my WR1.

I could start up to 4 RBs with the 2 RB slots and the 2 Flex spots.