Week 3 Monday Night Game Discussion Thread. Panthers @ Cowboys

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Well, I watched most of this game...and have come to this conclusion......

Dallas sucks. No insult intended to Mike or any other Dallas fan here, but as long as Garrett is OC, and calls plays like he is....you all are screwed when you play a real good team.

How the hell can you go down to the 5 yard line on long runs...and then totally abandon the run for two lousy pass play calls late in the game when you could have iced they game?!?!?!? I mean really...WTF? Granted at this point Barber wasn't there and Jones was hurt...but Choice was chewing them up!

I have said it before and will say it again. All of you who think Roy Williams is something..................are absolutely wrong. He is not a big time star....and you will regret the loss of T.O. before this season is over....if you don't already.

I am actually looking forward to Philly playing Dallas now....it won't even be a close game. Looks like it will come down to Philly and NYG for the division.

Coachnorm

How the hell can you go down to the 5 yard line on long runs...and then totally abandon the run for two lousy pass play calls late in the game when you could have iced they game?!?!?!? I mean really...WTF? Granted at this point Barber wasn't there and Jones was hurt...but Choice was chewing them up!

This was the origin of my stupid announcer remark. They said it was the lack of Barber that caused the Cowboys not to get that TD. No, it wasn't Choice has just pounded one in for a TD just before. Choice had pounded the ball the entire way down the field banging out yards in nice chunks. The Cowboys then tried to pass from the one on second down, but it was a total misfire, not even close even though it is only a yard. Then they tried the same play again, again???, the same play that didn't work before?

Then after Dallas settled for the field goal an announcer said it was the absence of Barber that made Dallas not score a TD. No, it wasn't, Choice probably could have pounded it right in. It was poor playcalling, as phicinfan pointed out with his mention of Garrett and poor execution that cost them that TD. Not the absence of Barber.

Choice was the only thing working at that point in the game but the announcers were droning on and on about what Roy need to do now. Oh yeah, Choice carries for 7. What does Romo need to do now, Choice runs for 9. What does Witten need to do now, Choice runs for 6. It was like the annoucers were in a contest to see how many times they could mention Romo,Witten,and Roy. Choice with 11. Witten blah blah, Roy blah blah, Romo blah blah. Choice for a first down, Romo Blah blah, Witten Blah blah Roy blah blah.

Short blurt earlier, small rant now, Nikki needed to know.