Weather Warning for Jets/Bills Week 12

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I wouldn't expect a lot of players to be in your fantasy lineup for this contest but if the forecast holds true you'll not want to start any of them. Thus far the game has not been rescheduled but the forecast for Sunday calls for Seven FEET of snow to be on the ground at kickoff. I know they should be able to clear the field but the snow is expected to fall through out the game. Keep an eye to the sky or at least on their forecast when setting your lineups.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Have inlaw family that lives just north of Buffalo. South of Buffalo they got 3 FEET of snow in this last storm, it was scary fast and quick to move in. If this is remotely correct, look for the game to be delayed. Not sure if they would move it or not.

cctekguy

Staff member
Lake effect snow is a dangerous event.

"Lake Effect Snow" just sounds kinda dumb.

If there is lake effect snow in the winter, shouldn't there be lake effect rain in the summer?

In Arizona...Is there desert effect heat?

Why isn't there "River Effect Snow" or "Ocean Effect Snow"?

It snows a lot in Colorado...Is that "Mountain Effect Snow"?

North Dakota gets a lot of snow and they don't have lakes OR mountains.

Buffalo and Cleveland seem to be the only places that get "Lake Effect Snow", despite the fact that Detroit, Green Bay and Chicago are all near a lake.

They just call it snow in those places. :confused:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The high temp on Sunday there is supposed to warm up to 45 degrees. The problem is that before that no one is able to go anywhere and they're are sticking to the 7 feet total forecast. Citizens are being paid $10 an hour to shovel snow out of the stadium plus they are being given free tickets to the game.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Issue now also is the team has not practiced. Can't get to stadium. Look for this game to be pushed to Monday or Tuesday, and allow the Bills to get some practice time in.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I read it could stay as scheduled, could be moved to Sunday, Monday, or even Tuesday night. I hope they move it to Tuesday so that we can have a Tuesday night stinker to pair up with this week's Thursday night stinker.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld.com

Due to the snow in Buffalo, the Bills will not practice again Thursday.

The Buffalo area got hit with even more snow overnight and a travel ban in the area remains in effect. At this point, it's difficult to see the Week 12 game at the Ralph against the Jets going down Sunday. Not only are the Bills at a massive disadvantage having not practiced yet this week, but even New York governor Andrew Cuomo is calling a Sunday game "impractical" due to public safety concerns. The NFL's deadline for a decision on the game is Friday. We'd be surprised if it wasn't played on Monday or Tuesday night.

Let it snow, let it snow...let it snow.....

Phicinfan

Administrator
Yeah Gov. basically just stated the game won't happen Sunday. They have HUGE concerns as the temperature is about to rise, and rain on weekend, flooding could be huge and significant. My gut says game gets delayed...and moved probably.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld.com, those weather experts that they are brings us this...

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Sunday's game between the Bills and Jets is expected to be moved from snowbound Buffalo.

Schefter's colleague Adam Caplan reports Bills coaches are "preparing for the chance the game is moved to another venue on Monday night." Per Schefter, the Bills are unsure if Ralph Wilson Stadium will even be ready for Week 13 as Buffalo battles a biblical lake-effect snowstorm. MetLife Stadium and Pittsburgh are two possibilities were the game to indeed be moved. Schefter reports Detroit and Washington are also in play.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Its official. Moved game to Monday night in Detroit at Ford's field. Game start 7PM

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
They should have moved it to San Antonio where they are starved for football action. I guess they'll be giving away the tickets though and Detroit certainly likes holding it's hand out.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Just shenanigans and gleeful servitude my friend.:D I can't stand the rain against my window pane. Make the rain, go away. How high's the water momma? Who'll stop the rain? Raindrops keep falling on my head. Rainy night in Georgia.