Waiver wire pick-up?

phillychic1

if I don't drop Santana Moss from both my leagues I'm never gonna stop kicking myself for wasting a pick on him in the first place. Any opinions on his replacement is what I'm searching for!

Here's who I'm considering:

League 1 - Laurent Robinson STL or Chansi Stuckey NYJ

League 2 - Mike Sims-Walker JAC or (yes, again) Chansi Stuckey

Look forward to the opinions!

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Santana faces the worst pass defense in history (no joke) this week. Id ride him one more week.

Moving on.....Id need to see the scoring. Id also like to see if anyone else on your roster could be dropped for this pickup, or if you could put together a trade involving Moss.

phillychic1

Standard scoring in both. I'm by far weakest @ WR and so far he's gotton me 1 pt....total....over 2 weeks. Can you REALLY, HONESTLY tell me he's gonna do so much better than the other 2 options that I should keep him?

phillychic1

Just for a better idea, these are my WRs as of now.

League 1: ummm... nevermind? I really shouldn't try and do these moves when I'm tired I guess. Just found out that instead of clicking the 'scout' option, I chose 'pick up' & now actually DID drop S. Moss for Laurent Robinson. Anyway, I NOW have...
Larry Fitzgerald, Devon Hester, Ted Ginn Jr, Laurent Robinson

League 2: Randy Moss, Eddie Royal, Chris Chambers, Santana Moss
oh, and Stuckey's gone from this one. Claimed by someone else last night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remote Controller

Chambers is the enigma. He contiues to be targeted the heaviest on the team, but can't get many receptions. He had 10 targets last week to 7 each for Gates and Jackson. Same thing last year.....just no production.

phillychic1

I know, he was ment to really be a bye week backup unless he decided to really explode and be a great sleeper this year, of course. But with Royal doing nothing, Chambers doing Nothing and S. Moss doing LESS THAN NOTHING, (& R Moss is still 'questionable') I'm looking pretty well screwed!
I just dunno if I'm seeing a real great replacement in this bunch. If you know anything I don't let me know? May make this a little easier...

Devin Hester, CHI
Malcolm Kelly, WAS
Marty Booker, ATL
Mark Clayton, BAL
Mike Sims-Walker, JAC
Jason Avant, PHI
Andre Caldwell, CIN
Jabar Gaffney, DEN
Torry Holt, JAC

Remote Controller

With McNabb out, Avant was targeted 8 times last week and had a score. He and Kolb hooked up at a 90% clip. 5 of his 8 looks were redzone looks from Kolb last week. These 2 probably have some chemistry on the second team! This might be a nice 1 week play with DeSean's groin, and Westbrook's ankle!!

8 targets last week, with 5 of those in the redzone. 6 catches for 97 yards and a TD. This is Kolbs second and likely last start unless he plays well.

Remote Controller

I know, he was ment to really be a bye week backup unless he decided to really explode and be a great sleeper this year, of course. But with Royal doing nothing, Chambers doing Nothing and S. Moss doing LESS THAN NOTHING, (& R Moss is still 'questionable') I'm looking pretty well screwed!
I just dunno if I'm seeing a real great replacement in this bunch. If you know anything I don't let me know? May make this a little easier...

Devin Hester, CHI
Malcolm Kelly, WAS
Marty Booker, ATL
Mark Clayton, BAL
Mike Sims-Walker, JAC
Jason Avant, PHI
Andre Caldwell, CIN
Jabar Gaffney, DEN
Torry Holt, JAC
Stokely is a GTD, so I would roll with Royal. I don't know when you have to submit your lineup, but i would stick with Moss until the last minute, then make the switch. If I were to drop anyone on that squad it would be Chambers over Santana Moss, and I would consider a 1 week start of Avant. I know that sounds scary and others may talk you down, but numbers and situations don't lie, and Jason was involved heavily in the redzone last week.

phillychic1

Line ups lock @ 12:55pm on Sun, 5 mins before the games start, so I've come to REALLY hate Thurs games. I really think they listed R Moss as questionable to be able to rest him Fri. We're talking about a guy who has only ever missed 6 games in his pro career and can't see him sitting this one out. The only thing that makes me hesitant about picking up Avant for even only this week is that yes, Kolb will start, but yes Vick will play & I have NO idea who he'll favor out ther or how much playing time he'll get.

Remote Controller

Line ups lock @ 12:55pm on Sun, 5 mins before the games start, so I've come to REALLY hate Thurs games. I really think they listed R Moss as questionable to be able to rest him Fri. We're talking about a guy who has only ever missed 6 games in his pro career and can't see him sitting this one out. The only thing that makes me hesitant about picking up Avant for even only this week is that yes, Kolb will start, but yes Vick will play & I have NO idea who he'll favor out ther or how much playing time he'll get.
I thought of that too, and the only reception he threw was to Baskett. I truly feel S Moss is gonna breakout soon. It's been Zorn's play calling holding this team back. Campbell actually had a pretty good game last week. they just didn't let him loose.

phillychic1

Ok. Thank you for all the advice! I've dropped Chambers in favor of Sims-Walker. I dunno why, but I've got a good feeling about him coming up.

I'm hanging on to S Moss as a reserve right now & give him another chance, but he goes 0fer one more time w/o being injured, he's next to go.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Too bad he was on the bench for so many owners. If only they'd have come to SO and seen read what you wrote many would have won this weekend.