Vols hire Dooley

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
Just walked in the door.

I give up!!!! :headscratch::headscratch:

Was told early this am that Calhoun had decided to stay with AF. No lead name was on the board. Then, all of a sudden.........Freakin' La Tech coach....I sure hope we are not screwed. Will have to learn some more about Dooley... :headscratch::headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I dont like this hire at all....Very poor IMO. Id have reached out to Terry Bowden way before this guy.

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
I'll get back to you later on this, but I trust your judgement Sarge. Not feeling good about any of this.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
When you grow up in North Louisiana you are automatically an LSU fan. Then your next loyality lies with the now ULM (used to be NLU) or either Louisiana Tech. I chose ULM and can't stand the Tech program. Dooley was resurecting the Tech program and I'm glad to see him gone from the school that I love to hate. Good luck GTL. We all knew he wouldn't be staying with Tech but I'm surprised that he made such a major leap. He is not a bad coach at all but he has a full plate now.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
wow, there goes those recruits IMO....

I agree. Tennesee doesnt have the time to convert to a full on spread like he runs, and the SEC isnt the WAC.

They just handed the keys to a 69 SS Camaro that needs a bit of work to a guy who pilots a beat up ford econoline van.

Lets look at the the record here.

17-20 career record, had losings seasons two out of three years at La Tech.

Maybe its that shiny 1-0 bowl record or those impressive losses to Boise State. Perhaps is the 320 + points a year his defenses give up on average or they were just enamoured with a guy whos never been anything but a position coach until La Tech. It could also be that fabulous 1 win he has against BCS competition.

Extremely poor hire. He IS NOT his father, much like Tenny SHOULD have learned from the last hire.

Wow...Im not making Dan feel any better LOL

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
Dam*, I'm getting a Vandy feeling. We are going to suck for a while, aren't we?

I really want to know why these coaches didn't want the TN job.

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
I agree. Tennesee doesnt have the time to convert to a full on spread like he runs, and the SEC isnt the WAC.

They just handed the keys to a 69 SS Camaro that needs a bit of work to a guy who pilots a beat up ford econoline van.

Lets look at the the record here.

17-20 career record, had losings seasons two out of three years at La Tech.

Maybe its that shiny 1-0 bowl record or those impressive losses to Boise State. Perhaps is the 320 + points a year his defenses give up on average or they were just enamoured with a guy whos never been anything but a position coach until La Tech. It could also be that fabulous 1 win he has against BCS competition.

Extremely poor hire. He IS NOT his father, much like Tenny SHOULD have learned from the last hire.

Wow...Im not making Dan feel any better LOL

Hey Sarge.......facts are facts. Thanks for the stats. That just confirms my suspicions about this guy. It would be nice to, at least, think that Hamilton (the AD) knew what he was doing, but, it is hard not to think this is just a "we have to get someone in here to be our HC" hire.

Oh well!!!! Whatever I can cross is crossed. :shake::shake:

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
Hey Mud.......I'm doing a lot of praying. LOL Haven't heard if he is bringing a DC or hiring a new one. Without a very good D, well, you can't succeed in the SEC.