Vikings could be interested in Kyle Orton

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
(TheHuddle) The Minnesota Vikings could be interested in acquiring Denver Broncos QB Kyle Orton should the team add Josh McDaniels as their offensive coordinator, according to Bill Williamson, of ESPN.com. Analysis: The Vikings are anything but set at the quarterback position, and bringing in a quarterback who has familiarity with a new offense--should Minnesota replace Darrell Bevell with Josh McDaniels--makes sense. However, the Vikings wouldn't be likely to part with a second-round pick to acquire Orton, especially since they already gave up their third-round pick in the Randy Moss debacle.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Not sure on that. Definitly worth the look up on what teams get this draft season. If i remember right Carolina is skimpy in the draft having the 1st round then not again til the 3rd. They might have to more concentrate on FA for players this year. Either way they will still suck.

Vicious_Machine

That seems just silly for the Vikes! I am with Phicinfan (hopefully he wasnt being sarcastic). Didnt Joe Webb show enough to warrant a chance next year????

Unless they plan on getting Orton for like a 4th-5th rounder; this seems bordering on insane to even consider giving up a 2nd rounder.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
And don't see Denver letting Orton go for anything less than a 2nd round pick. Somebody will be desperate enough to do it tho. Question is just who pulls the trigger on it?

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
And don't see Denver letting Orton go for anything less than a 2nd round pick. Somebody will be desperate enough to do it tho. Question is just who pulls the trigger on it?

I could see Denver taking less if the trading partner is in the NFC.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I could see Denver taking less if the trading partner is in the NFC.

Could be a possibility maybe. Maybe a 3rd round and player to be named later kind of deal. I don't believe in all the Orton hype tho. Think he's overrated a bit or maybe just hasn't been put into the right situation.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
No , I wasn't be sarcastic on Webb. Love to see an underdog from a small school make it big! Plus, I do think eventually, he could be pretty dang good.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Another Flacco you think?
Yes and no. Flacco is a much better passer, but I love the athlicity of Webb, and what he can do with his legs. Given time, I think he could be a mini-Vick. But a bit more accurate early on.

Vicious_Machine

Agreed; not as accurate as Flacco, but his ability to make things happen with his legs def gives him the mini-Vick title.

But I just dont see ANY team giving up a 2nd rounder for Orton. I mean, this is the NFL, players get traded for absolute peanuts. I also dont think Orton is really the answer at QB for any team. A QB who's career best is 21 TDs? A QB rating that never topped 90? I didnt really watch any Bronco games; but did he show any of you anything that makes you think he is even in the top 15 QBs in the NFL?

It could never happen since my Raiders are in the same division, but I would rather my raiders keep their 2nd rounder since they can easily get a much better player in the draft (yes, it is hit & miss, but on average).

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Minny's a possibility. Joshy-D can tend to get his way AND is going to be needing some redemption. So look for wherever he lands to be a hot spot for Orton to follow. Orton wasn't the problem with the Broncs and was solid in Chicago (plus he's only 28). He'll be a fine stopgap wherever he lands. I'll tell you honestly I like Joe Webb but with a healthy Rice and Harvin, behind a vastly better o-line, and the best runningback in the league you'd be hard pressed to find a QB with bigger upside than Neckbeard himself.