UFL Draft June 2nd

1 Crazy Commish

Yes the UFL will be having their draft Wednesday which happens to fall on my birthday this year. I'll have to pop open a Brewski for this honor mid-week even though the Doc's against it. Denny Green's team moves from San Francisco to Sacramento and is renamed the Mountain Lions. Denny re-Adopts his "son" Daunte Culpepper for the second time. Gruden's brother Jay will coach the Florida Tuskers, New York/Jersey moves to Hartford, Conn and Omaha builds a new stadium for their UFL franchise. Their are many untaken fantastic college kids left from the NFL draft. Can't wait to see this. Season opens mid-Sept.:duckhunt:
............................................................................................................

JACKSONVILLE, FL – Thursday, May 27, 2010 – The United Football League teams building for the 2010 season will continue to stock their rosters by holding a Player Draft on Wednesday, June 2.

The coaching staffs of the Florida Tuskers, Hartford Colonials, Las Vegas Locos, Omaha Nighthawks and Sacramento Mountain Lions will make their selections beginning at 7pm EST on June 2.

The drafted players will join players already protected by their 2009 clubs, or selected in the expansion draft by the Omaha Nighthawks, taking each team’s provisional roster to the maximum of 52 allowed to participate in forthcoming Mini Camps. Players selected in the draft shall remain on each teams’ Reserved Unsigned List until formally added to the roster by virtue of a negotiated contract.

UFL roster breakdown:

20 protected players

20 additional unsigned free agents (to be announced)

12 drafted players

The Draft will be held over a period of 12 rounds during which each of the five UFL teams will be allowed one pick per round. During Rounds One and Two, each team will have five minutes to make their selection of a player. During Rounds Three through Twelve, each team will have three minutes to make their selection of a player.

The Draft selection order will be as follows:

Rounds 1-6 Selections will be based on expansion and the 2009 final record:

Omaha Nighthawks (Expansion team)

Hartford Colonials (0-6 in 2009 as the New York Sentinels)

Sacramento Mountain Lions (2-4 in 2009 as the California Redwoods)

Florida Tuskers (6-0 in 2009, losing Championship Game finalists)

Las Vegas Locos (4-2 in 2009, UFL Premiere Season Champions)

Coachnorm

Thanks in this update, 1CC. I will be watching with interest, myself. I have seen these secondary leagues come and go but most of it has been interesting. The USFL was particularly interesting. The Tampa Bay Bandits was a great franchise and supplied me with plenty of good football entertainment.

1 Crazy Commish

Ahh, the good old USFL! I've got a bunch of VHS tapes of USFL. I knew the TB Bandits for sure. Wasn't that where Steve Young started?