Travaris Cadet vs Bobby Rainey

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
You guys know anything about these cats? It really looks like Rainey could be pushing Pierce for the #2 spot with his excellent play, but probably will settle as RB3 for the Ravens.

Cadet seems to be lighting it up with the most receiving and rushing hards through the preseason but he's behind Ingram and Ivory with Ingram being young still.

Wondering if it's the right time to nab one of these guys as super deep sleepers. I'd have to drop a guy like either Gettis or J Ford to get em though.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Cadet is behind Sproles, Ingram, and PT Cruiser. He or Ivory will not make the final 53. Cadet is much more versatile than Ivory and is also used in the return game by the Saints. IMO Cadet is going to make the squad leaving Ivory (a hard runner that is well liked) the odd man out. Gettis has missed way too much practice during camp and while he was once thought to have a shot at cracking the WR 3 spot or even better in some circles for the Panthers has seen those dreams shattered by inability to practice. IF Ford could stay healthy I'd like his chances better than any of the players you listed however I'm convinced that he's never going to stay healthy. Rainey, an undrafted RB like Cadet, was listed as 3rd on the depth chart released by the Ravens yesterday. I do not have any personal information or thoughts on him at all.

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
Well and to add to the mix, it looks like C Ivory is on our waiver wire too. From what I hear he could be the one getting cut and given the opportunity to catch on somewhere else (possibly Jets?) and could have more value than either Rainey or Cadet.

Let's just say Rice gets hurt, does Pierce handle the load or does Rainey outperform him? When you're splitting hairs in a dynasty league where just about everyone is on a roster ya gotta pick your most upside players. That's what I'm attempting to do here.

I agree, Gettis has talent, no doubt. I was looking forward to him getting on the field this preseason and it never happened. Now I am reading some stuff that he may start on the PUP list. I'm done. If someone else nabs him and he ends up being a flex WR3/WR4 talent..I'm okay with that.

The backfield is very crowded in NO, best case scenario Ivory gets cut and lands in a decent spot. Does Cadet have enough talent to catch on somewhere else or is he forever buried in NO?

Ford apparently can't catch anything this year in spite of his injuries. Very disappointed in this guy. And with the talent of Streater and Criner behind him, he could be done very soon. No reason those guys can't step in and contribute.