Trade Help

Catch Freaks

I have Steve Slaton, but do not know whether to keep him or get some value out of him. A guy in my league has a conflict with his QB's having the same bye week. He is offering me this:

Steve Slaton

for

Jay Cutler
&
Correll Buckhalter

Do you think I should pull the trigger on this trade or hope Slaton gets better?

I also have Marion Barber and Ray Rice at RB's if I get rid of Slaton.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Whats your scoring like? Who are your QBs? Starting Requirements?
Whats your normal starting lineup look like?

This one (to me) is kinda tempting but I need more answers.

Catch Freaks

Whats your scoring like? Who are your QBs? Starting Requirements?
Whats your normal starting lineup look like?

This one (to me) is kinda tempting but I need more answers.

It's a PPR league. My QB's are Cassel and Shaun Hill. I must start one QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX.

I start normally:
Cassel
Barber-when healthy
Slaton
Fitzgerald
V-Jax
Ray Rice/Harvin
Carlson

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
The only think that gets me is Buckhalter will eventually flame out. I just cant see continued scoring production for the year.

Cutler is an upgrade over your current QBs. I assume you ride with Shaun Hill.

Your taking a downgrade at RB2 from Slaton to Buckhalter to move up to QB1 from QB2.

Looking ahead the next few weeks:
Cutler is about to run into a stretch of soft pass defenses. He closes in fantasy playoff time however with STL, Minny twice, Green Bay, and Baltimore. Not so good if you make the post season.

Slaton isnt too terrible from here on out, including playoffs. He will still need to face Indy twice, Jax once, along with San Francisco. Id expect a consistent 12 points a week out of him for the most part.

Buckhalter will kill you. Here is the schedule for Denver the next few weeks:
Dallas, New England, San Diego, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Washington, San Diego, and New York Giants.

Overall IMO it is a matter of if you feel the upgrade at QB is worth the downgrade at RB. Seeing as how you are depending on Slaton as a usual starter and would have to replace him with Buckhalter, your basically throwing the baby out with the bath water in this deal.

If you get 4 points per passing TD Id stand pat or try to work something with a different back or trade suitor to improve your QB position. If you get 6 points per passing TD I might do this deal depending on how much interceptions cost you.

cctekguy

Staff member
I've been waiting to see what you'd say, Sarge.

Slaton looked awfully good running the ball today. He was quick and his cuts were crisp. The only problem with Slaton (that I can tell) is Chris Brown. Brown doesn't look to me like he will hold the "goal line gig" very much longer. (That fumble today was a game breaker) and if that's the case Slaton could go back to a must start RB1.

No doubt, Catch Freaks needs some help at QB but with Barber being iffy every week I don't think you can part ways with Slaton just yet.

All that babbling and I think I just agreed with you...:grin:

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Slaton lacks TDs. Im with the others in waiting for Chris Browns annual season ending injury to occur.

After watching a little Rambo I just dont see this deal as worth it as presented.