Trade Help (Dynasty League)

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
I have been offered Antwaan Randle El for Texans rookie RB Jeremiah Johnson.

I think J.Johnson could eventually play a part in the Texans running game handcuffed to Slaton. Brown listed as 2nd on the depth chart is coming off a 2008 injury which he didn't play, and Moats (listed as 3rd) having only 94yds and 1 TD in 9 games in 2008 wont be seeing any significant carries in 2009.

I'm not that impressed with Randle El and think keeping JJ will play out in the near future. Or am i way off on my thinking. :headscratch:

What do you all think ?

bodey24

Staff member
I would hold on to Johnson personally. An injury to Slaton and I think he will be the starting runningback and I like his potential. I am not a big fan of Randle El's either.

Coachnorm

I am going along with your thinking myself, keep the rookie RB. But it is still a matter of your roster and starting requirements. Randel El, production wise, is more along the line of a nice fillin when your normal WRs are having a bye week. If EL is good enough to replace a starter consider grabbing him. If he is just an upgrade to your bye week fillin WR then probably keeping the Rookie RB is better.

ExperiencedRookie

Randle El is rags on that Wash passing game with all the young talent there.

Don't take the deal.

You may have this owner cornered now though. See what else he is willing to deal for the young Texans RB.

JJ is an unknown in the NFL. The plus is that the depth behind Slaton leaves an open field for him if he can impress early. For that alone I would demand more before trading him.

AR-E has been in the league long enough to know what you are likely getting from him this year. If anticipate him breaking out and being one of your starters you are going to be sorely disappointed.

Be forewarned I may be a little bitter having draft Randle-El as a rookie so take my assessment with a grain of salt.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Keep JJ, he is a guy I really liked coming into the draft and fell much farther than I thought he would....Houston is a good spot for him....and RE is crap, not worth giving anything for.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Thanks for all your help, i'm going to keep J.Johnson, i also think he will be in the RB mix soon.
I did send a message to the owner that's interested in JJ that if he really wants him to juice up the offer.

ExperiencedRookie

I did send a message to the owner that's interested in JJ that if he really wants him to juice up the offer.

Never hurts to sell the value on a player like him either. Obviously this other owner sees value and is interested. You can increase that value by showing that you see it as well. Point out the things stated here, that he dropped too far in the draft, and he's in a fantastic position behind Slaton. Perhaps the other owner will up the ante.

Good luck.

Arian was drafted in our dynasty league this year while JJ is left on the wire. Not sure why? JJ is only 5'9" and 198....kinda smallish for a back eh?

Yeah, Foster has much more size at 6'1" 226 and sounds like the coaches are impressed.

“Foster’s talented enough to have been a third-or fourth-round (pick),” Shanahan said. “He has everything we’re looking for. He’s a big back who’s not going to mess around. He’s going to get downhill quick.

“He looks the part. His running style is what we’re looking for, very similar to Chris Brown, and that’s what we really need to complement Steve
.”

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I see a poor man's MJD in Jer Johnson. He's a Bowling ball that could be nice in a RBBC. Foster is someone to keep an eye on as well though as he has the size to be a nice thunder to Slaton's lightning.

jmsmith1

Keep Johnson....

First, Randle El will be 30 this year and really isnt a viable fantasy player anymore. His touches are only going to decrease as Devin Thomas becomes a bigger factor in the offense, and having a top TE like Cooley also removes touches.

Houston will always want to run the ball to keep a younger QB healthy and aid his progression. Schaub isnt a slouch, but a running game is always a QB's best friend. Given the fact that Slaton did step up and could be the #1 this year, Johnson could very well be a change of pace/goal line back and get you some need points.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Arian was drafted in our dynasty league this year while JJ is left on the wire. Not sure why? JJ is only 5'9" and 198....kinda smallish for a back eh?

I watched game highlights of JJ as part of my decision making, and is a little undersized, the kid can hit the hole with the quickness and he's off to the races.

I'm not in the least trying to compare the two except there size. Barry Sanders was only 5'8 203 lbs so size is not always an issue.

Last edited by a moderator: