Trade Advice

Skedar120

Buccaneer Faithful
During my draft on saturday, I ruined my friend's night by taking Randy Moss one pick before he could. His strategy was built around a Brady/Moss combo all season.

Anyway, this is the latest attempt to get me to give him back. He is offering Calvin Johnson and 1 player of my choosing (other than Brady) for Randy Moss. Here's a look at rosters to give you a general idea of where we both sit.

Me
QB: Jay Cutler, Matt Cassel
RB: Steven Jackson, Lendale White, Willie Parker, Fred Jackson
WR: Randy Moss, Vincent Jackson, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Jeremy Maclin, Nate Washington, Deion Branch
TE: John Carlson, Dustin Keller
DEF: Panthers, Bucs
K: John Kasay

Him
QB: Tom Brady, Jason Campbell
RB: Thomas Jones, Ryan Grant, Rashard Mendenhall, Jamal Lewis
WR: Calvin Johnson, Jerricho Cotchery, Derrick Mason, Laveraneus Coles, Josh Morgan, Johnnie-Lee Higgins, Chris Henry
TE: Greg Olsen, Mercedes Lewis
DEF: Bears
K: Robbie Gould

The only thing I can see that would improve my team is Thomas Jones, but is it worth it, or can you think of anything better?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
During my draft on saturday, I ruined my friend's night by taking Randy Moss one pick before he could. His strategy was built around a Brady/Moss combo all season.

Anyway, this is the latest attempt to get me to give him back. He is offering Calvin Johnson and 1 player of my choosing (other than Brady) for Randy Moss. Here's a look at rosters to give you a general idea of where we both sit.

Me
QB: Jay Cutler, Matt Cassel
RB: Steven Jackson, Lendale White, Willie Parker, Fred Jackson
WR: Randy Moss, Vincent Jackson, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Jeremy Maclin, Nate Washington, Deion Branch
TE: John Carlson, Dustin Keller
DEF: Panthers, Bucs
K: John Kasay

Him
QB: Tom Brady, Jason Campbell
RB: Thomas Jones, Ryan Grant, Rashard Mendenhall, Jamal Lewis
WR: Calvin Johnson, Jerricho Cotchery, Derrick Mason, Laveraneus Coles, Josh Morgan, Johnnie-Lee Higgins, Chris Henry
TE: Greg Olsen, Mercedes Lewis
DEF: Bears
K: Robbie Gould

The only thing I can see that would improve my team is Thomas Jones, but is it worth it, or can you think of anything better?
First, I don't think you lose that much in taking Calvin over Moss. I do know however I am in the minority here.

Looking at your team....rb is a concern. White is RBBC, so is Parker and F.Jackson. I am not a steven Jackson fan.

So you could do T.Jones and Calvin for Moss. You get two solid starters...for one. Not a bad deal.

Skedar120

Buccaneer Faithful
First, I don't think you lose that much in taking Calvin over Moss. I do know however I am in the minority here.

Looking at your team....rb is a concern. White is RBBC, so is Parker and F.Jackson. I am not a steven Jackson fan.

So you could do T.Jones and Calvin for Moss. You get two solid starters...for one. Not a bad deal.

Similar to my thinking, but I would say that Moss holds a little more value than Johnson, and he thinks so too, which is why the 2-for-1 came up. Plus, robbing him of his #1 RB would make me a very happy person.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Similar to my thinking, but I would say that Moss holds a little more value than Johnson, and he thinks so too, which is why the 2-for-1 came up. Plus, robbing him of his #1 RB would make me a very happy person.
:nod: :biglaugh: