TRADE advice PPR league

In a PPR league, I have P.Thomas and M.Turner as my starting RBs. My backup is S.Greene and I just picked up L.Johnson (just in case he ends up on a viable team)

My WRs are R.Wayne, S.Rice, W.Welker, B.Edwards (we start 3wrs)

I have been offered M.Bell and D.Mason for S.Greene and B.Edwards.

I think this is a good trade, it gives me a solid handcuff and a sure handed WR.

Thoughts?

I'm lukewarm on this deal.

Bell has done well but I do not see a spike in his production where you may see that with Greene - especially if TJ's production slumps as the season winds down.

Having been the owner of both Mason and Edwards they are both to inconsistent to have me pleased. Edwards change is at least something to look at as hope that he may step up for you in time for the playoffs.

Either way I think you are looking at having a #4 WR but if 1 player appeals to you then go ahead and make it - I view this as a status quo deal where neither side will get much of an uptick.

Second Half of the Season musings

I can see why you are lukewarm regarding this deal and thank you for your insight.

Now that we are entering the second half of the fantasy season, I have been giving a lot of thought about my team's chances of making it to the playoffs and succeeding.

Given my current roster, I feel that I am in a good position.
QB: Ryan, Flacco
RB: Turner, PT, LJ, M.Bell
WR: Wayne, Welker, S.Rice, Mason
TE: Gonzo
K: Carney
D: Saints, Broncos
However, all it takes is one injury to turn a solid roster to one that produces mediocre points. This is why getting Bell was so appealing. If PT goes down then I still have a strong RB in an explosive offense that may give me +12 points per week. (If PT goes down and Bell is RB1 in N.O., I project he'll get 1TD and 50+ ypg)

That was the catalyst of this trade. I don't deny the S.Greene has bigger upside than M.Bell but I have to hedge my risk. Hopefully PT stays healthy and I can use M.Turner and PT for the rest of the year.

Braylon, to me, is a match-up start depending on who S.Rice is playing, a solid WR3 since I have Welker and Wayne. He has talent but the variable that tipped the scale is the rookie QB. He's been hit or miss. Mason has performed well, scored in 4 of his last 5 games, a better QB and has a decent schedule.

Here are some considerations I have going into the second half of the season:
1. Attain Handcuffs
2. Review Playoff Schedule
3. Making trades on positions where I can improve or acquire viable handcuffs
4. Waiver position, with my record I am low on waiver priority. Since most teams are stacked, I don't make a waiver request unless there's someone I really like. If there isn't, then I wait to see who is dropped. Most owners are scrambling for this week's new flavor and may drop a gem. Sometimes you might be next in line to pick up a C.Taylor, T.Owens, V.Schiancoe. Once you have one of them on your team, you may be able to structure a 2 for 1 deal for an upgrade in another position. I'm considering giving up M.Ryan and the Broncos for a better QB i.e. Rothlesberger, A.Rodgers, Romo.

Just some food for thought.

I'm just sayin'
Big Apple in Texas

#1bears fan

Id do it your not losing a starter and gaining a better situational start with Mason over Marshall especially this week!