Tim Hightower traded to Skins

Osiris

Fantasy Football Pharaoh
Arizona has traded Tim Hightower to the Redskins for DL Vonnie Holliday.

Shanny loves his RBs.

cctekguy

Staff member
This muddies the waters a little.

I figure Hightower to gradually take over in Washington and rookie Ryan Williams will be given every opportunity to become a rookie phenom.

Fun stuff, this football.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Hightower becomes the best RB on the Washington roster...which means he will get the obligatory 100 touches all season along with the other 9 RBs Shanny will trot out.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Regardless of the Grossman vs. Beck QB competition, they're going to need that crop of RB's to scurry them down field. Or else their 3rd and out will move them backwards more often than not. I would say "If Shanny were smart he'd put a rocket on Hightower's back and shoot him towards the post routes". But all that is predicated on the "if shanny were smart" part... so it becomes wishful thinking.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Ryan Torain will be the starter until he gets injured shouldn't take long then Hightower will slide in behind rookie RB Roy Helu as his back-up.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
What's this do for Wells/Williams situation?

Depends on the site you visit. I have seen multiple where it is expected Wells will start, assuming he is healthy, and stays that way(big assumption there....). Others have Williams targeted to get more carries.

As a Williams owner in one league, I am feeling a whole lot better now that Hightower is gone. I don't think Wells is a quality NFL back. So, the door for Williams just got easier to open.

Remote Controller

-- Ryan Torain Injures Hand Wednesday --
Wed Aug 3, 2011 --from FFMastermind.com​
The Washington Post reports Redskins HC Mike Shanahan said RB Ryan Torain left practice today with a left hand injury. He will be undergoing X-rays.