Thread for news about my Lions

The rise of the Cardinals in AZ has pretty much guaranteed the Lions will remain the doormat in the NFC, as far as I can see.

Sorry.

and yet this thread thrives.

I had to leave the country when the Cowboys sucked. You are a better man than I

ExperiencedRookie

I love that quote from Hicks after being unable to catch Stafford coming out of a bootleg..." Sorry, I couldn't catch you cause I was picking up all the money falling out of your pockets."

Coachnorm

Lions add cornerback Tra Battle / The Lions claimed former Cowboys cornerback Tra Battle off waivers, NFL.com reported Wednesday. Battle played in five games last season.

This is one thing that the Lions have done very well this off season. They have picked up a lot of players during the offseason. They haven't been spending a lot of big money for top notch talent but they have grabbed a lot of talent making sure that everyone on the roster is fighting for a job.

Thanks Coach - I agree about the moves Detroit has quietly been making but I'm hardly the objective one in that regard.

Where do you think Battle fits into the Lion depth chart? For an area of weakness there is a collection of solid (everything is relative and this is in comparison to last years DBs) talent that could gel and be a pleasant surprise this season.

Do you think there will be some type of rotation where everyone will get substantial playing time or do some of these DB's stand out even this early?

GBG

Loser
I love that quote from Hicks after being unable to catch Stafford coming out of a bootleg..." Sorry, I couldn't catch you cause I was picking up all the money falling out of your pockets."

Holy Shit. Hilarious!

I didn't know Lions had a sense of humor.
I guess they'd have to after their season last year. :nannie:

Holy Shit. Hilarious!

I didn't know Lions had a sense of humor.
I guess they'd have to after their season last year. :nannie:
It probably helps that Hicks had nothing to do with last years record.

Can someone that old be young blood for a rebuilding team?

Robert Plant - Worse Than Detroit

i can't find an online video

so i post this
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDpt9iicEow"]YouTube - The Altered State of Drugachusetts[/ame]

only take what you can handle
and always know your dealer

Lions sign released OL Jon Jansen:

Veteran offensive tackle Jon Jansen, who was released by the Redskins on Friday, signed a one-year deal with the Lions the same day per the Associated Press. Jansen started all but one game in his first seven seasons with the Redskins, but didn't play in 2004 or in 2007 because of injuries and was limited to 11 starts last season. Analysis: It's a homecoming of sorts for Jansen, who hails from Clawson, Michigan. There is no assurance he has enough left in the tank (the Redskins didn't think so) but it's worth finding out for a team like the Lions, who could use help on the line

I like the gamble here.

:rofl: As the dealer of pizza laced with ...

I want to know my customers and if there is one that is happy with the packaging I'll eat the da- - pizza myself. :cunning:
Rule number 35: Don't get high on your own supply.

and just for the heck of it:

how tragic it must be to be a Motor City Kitty. fan

I miss Millen. Heck of a mustache.