The Starting Edge - Week 1

Who Has The Startring Edge?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
So who has the starting edge? Remember, basic scoring (feel free to comment below if ppr would change your decision), and select one player at each position.

QB: Philip Rivers, SD @ Oakland vs Robert Griffin III, Was @ NO

RB: DeAngelo Williams, Car @ TB vs Stevan Ridley, NE @Ten

WR: Steve Johnson, Buf @ NYJ vs Malcolm Floyd, SD @ Oak

TE: Brandon Pettigrew, Det vs St.L vs Veron Davis, SF @ GB

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Robert Griffin III, Was @ NO- I'd love for Rivers to have the better game but believe it'll be RG III.

Stevan Ridley, NE @Ten- DiWill may have it all to himself and that could be sweet but this is Ridley's big shot and I've got to go with him.

Malcolm Floyd, SD @ Oak- Hardest choice of all for me but I'm going with Floyd.

Veron Davis, SF @ GB - Go rewatch the Saints/9ers playoff game. Davis please, with Smith throwing.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
QB: Philip Rivers, SD @ Oakland vs Robert Griffin III, Was @ NO
Rivers for me, need to see RGIII before I toss him in there over a proven vet.
RB: DeAngelo Williams, Car @ TB vs Stevan Ridley, NE @Ten
DWill vs the Yucs D.....WITH Stewart unlikely or limited??? Sign me up! NE still doesn't run much, so DWill is the easy pick for me in this one.

WR: Steve Johnson, Buf @ NYJ vs Malcolm Floyd, SD @ Oak
Tough choice with Stevie stuck on Revis Island.....but he's done decent there in the past and I have more trust in him week 1 than I do Floyd.
TE: Brandon Pettigrew, Det vs St.L vs Veron Davis, SF @ GB
Pettigrew has a sweet match-up, I look for him to have a big week. I'd roll the dice and leave Vernon riding the pine.

SchultzAndy

Fantasy Football Veteran
I am with Mud on Davis. I am not huge on him this year and think he is overvalued in drafts, but if you have him he needs to be in your lineup vs the lowly GB defense. The red zone is the ultimate difference to me. I see Davis being targeted a lot when the 9ers get there, where I don't think that is the case with Pettigrew.

jjtweeks

Forgot to hit the others, only voted for DWill
Rivers for me. Usually does very well against oakland.
Everything points to DWill having possible one of the best games possible so this is a no brainer even though i expect Ridley to have a nice game as well
Johnson surprisingly does very well against the jets but Floyd is all there is in SD so Floyd for me
Pettigrew has too much competition when it comes to the endzone and Davis is Smith's favorite target

#1bears fan

Rivers, havent seen much of RG3
Ridley too crowded in CAR for me
Johnson just cause I think Floyd is a bust
Davis hes a beast and STl is ALWAYS tough against TEs #1 against last year by a longshot I believe.

Random *** If I didnt have an elite TE week 1 I would start Freeny from IND the Bears suck against TEs as well and Urlacher is limited. He should be on most waivers

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Rivers, havent seen much of RG3

Davis hes a beast and STl is ALWAYS tough against TEs #1 against last year by a longshot I believe.
GREAT STAT! Would have never guessed that, but they were a full pt better than other teams in pts against TE's last year.....little nervous about my pick now....

Runnik's Hambones

Rivers: proven QB that doesn't throw under 4K/year. Not saying that RGIII won't be awesome, but you have to go with the vet on week 1.

Ridley: NE is going to give him most of the touches, especially redzone. DWill is in an even larger RBBC however this was tough cause we Bucs have a horrible run defense.

Floyd: going with River's arm here.

Davis: #1 target for Smith.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
QB: Philip Rivers, SD @ Oakland vs Robert Griffin III, Was @ NO - Griffin. SD has issues with Oakland, and I think Griffin will run and pass like mad against the Saints D.

RB: DeAngelo Williams, Car @ TB vs Stevan Ridley, NE @Ten - Ridley - he is a sleeper for me, NE doesn't run, but will this year. DeWill won't share this week, but still won't out produce Ridley.

WR: Steve Johnson, Buf @ NYJ vs Malcolm Floyd, SD @ Oak - Stevie here, never have been a Floyd believer or lover, and he gets dinged up too often.

TE: Brandon Pettigrew, Det vs St.L vs Veron Davis, SF @ GB - Davis, GB Lbs can be caught against, and I think Detroit will be bombing to the Wideouts.

Remote Controller

Griffin, DeWill, Floyd, and Davis

-Davis because he's playing my beloved Pack, and I'm banking on the reverse psycholgy play here. ;)
-Griffin because he will make a big splash, and that's different than a flop. When does SD ever start playing ball week 1?
-DeWill because he's playing solo this week at RB, and Ridley WILL fumble.
-Floyd has a golden oppurtunity with Vincent Brown out, and Gates keeping them honest.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
So let's track how everyone did, I will update this as scores go final:

QB: Philip Rivers, SD @ Oakland - 13.24 vs Robert Griffin III, Was @ NO - 25

RB: DeAngelo Williams, Car @ TB - .5 vs Stevan Ridley, NE @Ten - 21.2

WR: Steve Johnson, Buf @ NYJ - 11.5 vs Malcolm Floyd, SD @ Oak - 12.6

TE: Brandon Pettigrew, Det - 7.7 vs St.L vs Vernon Davis, SF @ GB - 10.3

Ridley stomped Williams and Davis squeaked out a 2.6 pt victory over Pettigrew.

RGIII in a romp and Floyd also squeaked out a victory.