The Cutler's Hold Some Serious Grudges...

Runnik's Hambones

You have got to be kidding me. I see where Jay Cutler gets it now! From his father, Jake Cutler! Apparently when the Bear's offensive coordinator, Ron Turner was the head coach at Illinois, Jay Cutler accepted a scholorship to Illinois without making a campus visit. When he did go to the campus however, Coach Turner recinded his scholorship to give it to some "hot-shot" QB from Califonia, who ended up going to San Deigo State anyway. Look at this quote from Jay Cutler's father:

"It's not right," Jake Cutler, Cutler's father, told ESPN.com. "I still have a bitter taste in my mouth."

GET THE HELL OVER IT!!!! GROW UP!!!!!!

:blah:

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/real_scouts/entry/view/22741/cutler,_turner_have_rocky_history

You have got to be kidding me. I see where Jay Cutler gets it now! From his father, Jake Cutler! Apparently when the Bear's offensive coordinator, Ron Turner was the head coach at Illinois, Jay Cutler accepted a scholorship to Illinois without making a campus visit. When he did go to the campus however, Coach Turner recinded his scholorship to give it to some "hot-shot" QB from Califonia, who ended up going to San Deigo State anyway. Look at this quote from Jay Cutler's father:

GET THE HELL OVER IT!!!! GROW UP!!!!!!

You have a kid? Someone uses your kid how quickly are you going to be willing to turn the other cheek?

The article I read only gave the 1 side so I am not sure if it is accurate or not but if a school were to dump my son at the 11th hour you bet the school, coach... would never get good press from me even after my kid (and I) have moved on to bigger and better things.

You from that school/town/family?

That's retarded, bro. Seriously. That was what? 7-8 years ago. What does it even matter now?

Hammy you may be the 13th apostle and willing to forgive and forget being jackhammered in the rear but I would suspect most people are a little more human. It would be retarded if the Cutlers had maintained a slur campaign for the 7-8 years. They have not as far as I know. To expect them to forget what someone did or bite their tongue is unrealistic.

Having the same person who negatively impacted your college education/scholarship opportunity now become your boss matters alot. Cutler recovered quite nicely but to expect him to ignore the possible implications nowis, to use your terminology... "retarded"

Seems quite childish to me. Just like Cutler crying about Josh McDaniels. To that I as well say, "who cares."

Can't argue with you on that but we all have our buttons that create similar reactions (hopefully it isn't on such a large and prolonged scale). Our hang ups though don't usually get flashed across the country.

Bears | Cutler looking forward to working with Turner
Share: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 16:32:16 -0700
Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler said he is looking forward to working with offensive coordinator Ron Turner and has no problems with Turner despite a reported rift between the two because Turner pulled back a scholarship from Cutler when he was the coach at University of Illinois. "I think it's going to be great. I talked to him [Thursday], we talked about the offensive possibilities for a good 15, 20 minutes. We have a lot of weapons. That makes it fun. You can do a lot of different things. [The reported rift] was too long ago. I think it's kind of funny now at this point I'm back here, he's here. Things happen for a reason. I'm lucky to be here. I'm excited to be able to work with Ron," Cutler said.

Got this off KFFL - seems the comment from dad should not be held against the son.