TEs need 50 total years for 3 points and 3 more for every 25

we get 1 point for every 3 recs

TDs are worth 5 point for 39 yards and in
TDs are woth 10 points for 40 yards and more

So should I look to go 2 premier WR or two Rbs

My draft is always crazy mutiple Qbs will go in the 1st round

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Im going to go on a limb and say you go stud WR and then Stud TE (Gates or Witten ONLY)

Reason being those are guys who are the defacto #2 receivers on their teams and its nothing for them to reach that yardage plateau, hence kicking in the points. You can get a second WR like Harvin or the like a bit later who will kick in points.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
You know more about the league than I do. If its the same group youve gone against for years then you are well aware of their trends. If its a bunch of new comers to the same league the trends might change.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Possible, but after Fitzgerald who will strike in the Long TD department on a consistent basis?

Possible, but after Fitzgerald who will strike in the Long TD department on a consistent basis?

Definitely Moss now that Brady is back. He is an elite deep threat.

A case could be made for Jennings and Calvin as well.

What about Steve Smith? Seems like he's a good bet for a few long balls...

Which means he could slip maybe? Might be a value play depending on the severity of the injury...

X-ray came back negative, initial reports have him missing 2 weeks...he's shooting for week 1.

Jvirtue55

Well we have two new owners but they are old owner who left the league and came back

Our draft is real crazy wild shit happens all over it so its hard to predict who will be their at 9
Who knows maybe LT slides down to me or some of the young backs cause they seem to hate young new backs (Forte Johnson Slaton this year) I hope they will hate on thouse three

I like WR WR but if all 4 are not on the board i dont feel comfortable because 10 could take the two WR and then my strategy is out the door so who knows

cctekguy

Staff member
Since your RB's are based on TOTAL yards and not rushing yards alone, I'd definitely target good receiving backs. If your draft goes like most ADPs that means you can get Reggie Bush, Larry Johnson, Ronnie Brown etc. in the later rounds.

Get your WR's first. The TE idea sounds like gold too.

You could also probably get a QB from a "play from behind" type team pretty cheap.

Jvirtue55

What if in the 3rd all 4 of the stud TEs are gone should I take Olsen or should I get a number 1 WR or RB what ever I didnt get in the first two rounds?

cctekguy

Staff member
I can't fathom a draft where Witten, Gates, Gonzalez and Winslow are all gone in the 3rd, but if it were to happen I'd let TE go and take some fliers on late rounders.

I like Vernon Davis on a Singletary led team and Scheffler could prove to be Orton's favorite target. Both have big play potential. There is also a guy in Detroit (who's name eludes me) that could be instrumental in a rookie quarterback's first year.

With your scoring system, I don't see any reason to take a mediocre player. I'd rather take a chance on a long shot.