That didn't take long...James a goner

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
pixel.gif
Cardinals released RB Edgerrin James.
The NFL's active rushing leader, James was a contributor during Arizona's Super Bowl stretch run, but offers little power and shake as a runner. He turns 31 in August and has over 12,000 carries on his tires. Edge hasn't topped 3.9 yards a carry since 2005. As only a read-and-react back at this stage with some passing-down value, James won't find a place to start. New Orleans, Jacksonville, and Cleveland may show interest in him as a reserve.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
The writing was on the wall after Arizona drafted Well's. Edge had a great career and although 31yrs old might find a home else where.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Edge was gone regardless of Wells, they needed the cap space and he wanted out. The fact they could get wells only makes it less painful for Arizona.

RLLD

Right now, in his little spider hole, Belichick is slowly wringing his hands and smiling that evil grin.....

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Maybe they can take some of that and give Boldin a more fitting contract?:headscratch:
Great question.

Here to me is the kicker though. They cannot pay both Fitz and Boldin $10 million a year...which is what Boldin wants, and Fitz is getting. So yes, I think they can offer him more...but it will be less than Fitz...and I don't know if that will set well with him.

RLLD

Great question.

Here to me is the kicker though. They cannot pay both Fitz and Boldin $10 million a year...which is what Boldin wants, and Fitz is getting. So yes, I think they can offer him more...but it will be less than Fitz...and I don't know if that will set well with him.

I agree. I also think that he might settle for something other than his first demand given that no team pulled off a decent offer prior to or during the draft, and now Rosensuck is talking about a trade by June 1, that I also do not believe will happen.

Boldin might then face $'s in Arizona, or decline and hope to avoid injury or a bad-luck season that hurts his position in FA....apparently he thinks we should just ignore the hip and give him a nice fat and long contract....:sweat:

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
They also dropped Rod Hood and Travis LeBoy. According to NFL Radio this morning these three releases opened up like $15 million in cap space.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
seattle is an intriguing landing spot for the edge. new england is especially intriguing to me, because who else does better with aging veterans with a year left to give and something to prove? but they already have that in freddie taylor.

interestingly, i couldve seen edge landing himself right back in indy if not for the donald brown selection. obviously the edge release was coming, so indy must not have been too interested in that short term solution.

just to throw one other team out there, why not miami? edge has always loved the warm weather and especially is partial to the U, and i could see him adding another back there since they run the ball so much, taking up some of the toker's carries. has any backfield ever had THREE top 5 pick rbs before? lol.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Miami is an interesting idea. I would figure at this point in his career he would be pretty much looking at only playoff contenders.

Why do I have this feeling of Edgerrin James and Fred Taylor in the NE backfield this year.....

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i could see green bay being an interesting destination too, splitting some with ryan grant and with a shot to win the job, at least in his own egotistical mind.