Texans RB Adrian Foster plays and tweeks Hammy, Now tweets MRI

Coachnorm

Adrian Foster, who tweaked his hamstring again Saturday, has tweeted that he's "doing okay" and "plans to be back by Opening Day." Same Hammy about the same timetable as the first tweak. A little more complicated as we are not entirely sure if Ward or Tate is the backup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remote Controller

Re: Texans RB makes a pre-season appearance and tweeks Hammy

I'd say Ward would be the guy in blocking situations and Tate when not.

Coachnorm

Re: Texans RB Adrian Foster makes a pre-season appearance and tweeks Hammy

Yes, it could be BURBBC (Back Up Running Back By Committee). :)

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator

:eek: Could I have been right?!?!?! Will this be the year of the fallen Foster, and the rise of the TATE!!!

Beware RC, I have mystical powers.....and I think I nailed this one.....bwahahahahaha :biglaugh:

Zach

I am feeling stupid - drafted him in SUDFFL... ignored him in IBL

Remote Controller

:eek: Could I have been right?!?!?! Will this be the year of the fallen Foster, and the rise of the TATE!!!

Beware RC, I have mystical powers.....and I think I nailed this one.....bwahahahahaha :biglaugh:
I don't.....I think all you've accomplished counting chickens~!

cctekguy

Staff member

Wow...the guy calling Beanie Wells an injury risk is endorsing Tate?

So, Mystic Man....Just how do you know which player that has been injured his whole career is safe and which is an injury risk?

It couldn't mysteriously be linked to who you drafted....could it?

Phicinfan

Administrator

Wow...the guy calling Beanie Wells an injury risk is endorsing Tate?

So, Mystic Man....Just how do you know which player that has been injured his whole career is safe and which is an injury risk?

It couldn't mysteriously be linked to who you drafted....could it?
Actually, I have avoided both. In fact the only Rb rookie I have drafted is Ryan Williams, and look at what that got me :banghead:

But seriously....
Since he has joined the NFL, and most of his career at Ohio State, Beanie has had injury issues. I know, as I am an Ohio State alum and follow the team relatively religiously.

Can't say that....YET for Tate.

One other issue. Wells is a plodder. Tate has incredible burst and can hit the homerun.

But to your point, yes, as a matter of fact I CAN figure out who will get hurt.

In most cases, its the guys I draft :sob:

Coachnorm

Foster tweets his MRI and:

ESPN injury analyst Dr. Michael Kaplan studied Texans RB Arian Foster's hamstring MRI and believes Foster is "very unlikely" to play in Week 1. Kaplan added, "There's a fair amount of swelling and bleeding on the MRI. It's going to be a couple weeks at least (before he can play). If you get him back too soon, he's at a high risk for re-rupture and you can't take that risk."

Coachnorm

Kaplan said, "He's torn some of the muscle fibers, we'll call it Grade 1 to 2. There's a fair amount of swelling and bleeding on the MRI, so this is real. ... It's gonna be a couple weeks at least.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
Not good for Foster. First Vontee Leach (sp) signs with another team, now he's got what sounds like a serious hamstring issue. Yikes.

#1bears fan

I have Foster but Tate was taken before I could handcuff him. Ward is available but I would have to drop Ringer or Harper (I own CJ as well he fell to the 7th and Foster was my keeper.) Which one would you drop? Harper will eventually be the back up but if CJ misses time early I would think they would lean on Ringer.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I have Foster but Tate was taken before I could handcuff him. Ward is available but I would have to drop Ringer or Harper (I own CJ as well he fell to the 7th and Foster was my keeper.) Which one would you drop? Harper will eventually be the back up but if CJ misses time early I would think they would lean on Ringer.

I've heard Harper is the guy. Drop Ringer.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Hmmm....where oh where is RC?

Oh RC!!!! Looky, looky.

Foster = :pope:

Tate = :pointstosky:

:koolaid:

Bull

I hope Foster isn't the second coming of Fred Taylor. :shake:

He's not. I watched Taylor miss three weeks after getting hit in the balls. Foster played all of last year with a torn miniscus. I'm not saying he won't be like Taylor as far as injury risks go, just saying Foster is no pu$$y.