Terrell Owens signs with the Buffalo Bills!

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Sort of a head-scratcher for a team trying to groom a young up & coming QB. This almost seems like a preventative maneuver to keep T.O. away from the Jets or Patriots.
At the most this improves them to the 9-7 range, but is that enough to overtake wildcard contenders such as Baltimore, Tennessee, the Jets or Miami?
Seems like alot of dollars that could've been better spent elsewhere, but I put alot more stock in character and chemistry than alot of people. After all, it's safe to say that Dallas had a vastly more talented roster on paper, in a comparitively tough division and couldn't succeed in the playoffs with this guy... sometimes because of him.
I think this was more a combination effect.

First, Buffalo needs a new stadium, and the fans are not supporting the team. For pure financial reasons they moved two games to Canada...but in doing so they upset the local fan base even more. So part of this may be a face move to drive fans in.

I also think there is a good shot they are going to release, or trade away Lynch due to all the off-field issues. It was reported they heavily went after Fred Taylor.

So some may be to sell tickets, some may be to hide a negative if they cut or trade Lynch OR he gets suspended.

I also think Jauron has WAY high pressure on him to win this year.

Put it all together...and you have Mr. Owens a bill.

But I don't see this team signing him JUST to keep him from the Jets or Pats.

efactor

Coming at you
My first thought that it was a good signing for Owens. Be a good boy for a year. Play the role of leader and team player. Have everybody saying what a positive influence you are and then, when the negative part of your character is less in the forefront of people's mind, sign a lucrative 2-3 year contract with a high profile team.

However, signing a lucrative contract will be dependent on having a big year, mainly because of his age. If he has a marginal year, teams may be afraid that he has lost it due to age. Therefore, he will be demanding the ball at some point and the same old crap will come out. Don't think Jauron is a strong enough personality to keep that from happening.

Should have signed with SF. Mike could have bitch-slapped him when needed and with a 2-3 year contract, he wouldn't have been under the pressure to have the numbers in order to negotiate a new contract next year.

One year equals bad for Terrell..........

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I think TO is starting to realize that his attitude is just as much of a driver in his next contract as his performance. He can produce all he wants, but if he's still seen as a cancer....no dice. If his productions slips some, but the Bills can show improvement and he's seen as a team leader I feel this will equal more money over the next 2-3 years than the raw numbers them self.

This is an image year for TO and he knows it. I don't anticipate any big blow ups at all.

Arctic Dawgs

LOL, This has got to have an effect on Roesenhaus ability to sign new clients.

ALL HE CAN GET FOR A STAR WR IS A 1 YEAR DEAL IN FREAKIN BUFFALO

Way to go Drew