Terrell Owens signs with the Buffalo Bills!

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Interesting. Wonder if edwards is up for this or not.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Sort of a head-scratcher for a team trying to groom a young up & coming QB. This almost seems like a preventative maneuver to keep T.O. away from the Jets or Patriots.
At the most this improves them to the 9-7 range, but is that enough to overtake wildcard contenders such as Baltimore, Tennessee, the Jets or Miami?
Seems like alot of dollars that could've been better spent elsewhere, but I put alot more stock in character and chemistry than alot of people. After all, it's safe to say that Dallas had a vastly more talented roster on paper, in a comparitively tough division and couldn't succeed in the playoffs with this guy... sometimes because of him.

Fire

in the hole
Sort of a head-scratcher for a team trying to groom a young up & coming QB. This almost seems like a preventative maneuver to keep T.O. away from the Jets or Patriots.

I would have to agree with this.

Could also direct the spot-light away from Lynch.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
And this is just a craptastic signing for Owens. This is a character year and nothing more. While I like Edwards and feel he's going to benefit in the beginning of the year this is another team with a young quarterback for Owens to destroy.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Kind of hard to believe Owens was signed so quickly. Guess my assumptions about his FA process taking more than a week were wrong.

RLLD

Kind of hard to believe Owens was signed so quickly. Guess my assumptions about his FA process taking more than a week were wrong.

For all his posturing the idiot Rosenhaus knew that only one or two teams would even consider taking on this clown. This is a face-saving move for both of them, for Rosenhaus to keep his "status" but also for TO as the longer the loser stayed on the FA market the worse the two of them would look....

You really have to feel sorry for the Bill's players and fans, it will seem really great for perhaps 6 or 7 weeks, but eventually this dipsh!t will implode the entire team.:xpopcorn:

dukdown

Banned
I'm guessing too that the first offer they got, they jumped at. Owens' fantasy value just disappears off the radar. I'm thinking maybe 8th-9th round at best now.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
from a fantasy standpoint, decent move from the standpoint that it's a one year deal. TO will be motivated to prove everyone wrong. Not sure this fits what I was thinking about a contender going after him, but this does make them better and makes Edwards a nice sleeper.

catman

Baseball "Expert"
That was quick. I agree that his value is diminished a bit. He is a quality player with an attitude problem.
Frankly, I'm surprised the Raiders didn't come calling as soon as he was released, however.