Tennessee @ Pittsburgh Game Thread

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
heck of a first game. Interesting to see Pitt completely abandon the run in the OT, can't say I blame them, but you don't see a team force them to do that often.

Remote Controller

There was just a tad of reading comprehension trouble in the Start/Sit thread. Fantasy Football Start em' Sit em' - Sports Outlaw Fantasy Football I know.... it is amazing that sometimes Sarge doesn't read before he posts. :scared:

My contention was that Moore would out produce Parker in this game do to the Titans style of Def and the fact that The Steelers would have to throw. When they finally came out in the 3rd qtr to do this, Parker was right where I knew he'd be, and Moore featured. He is one of the best 3rd down backs in the league, and Ben flourishes with him in the game.

Remote Controller

heck of a first game. Interesting to see Pitt completely abandon the run in the OT, can't say I blame them, but you don't see a team force them to do that often.
I addressed this in the start/sit article, and then had to bring it up just above in this thread.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I don't agree. I think I agree with Mike and Mike on ESPN this morning. Pittsburgh is not the run it down their throats Pittsburgh of old. O-line and Rbs are simply not that style. I think you will see a team all year that will lean on Big Ben to make plays and you will see Holmes, Ward and Miller more of the focus.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
huh?? What don't you agree with? I didn't say this wouldn't be the norm....said that it was interesting to see them do this, because you don't see many teams force them to abandon the run....I didn't give an opinion one way or another if I felt they would turn into the norm in the future. But I don't think anyone can disagree that in the past this has not happened much to Pittsburgh....

Good take though, I agree they may be best to switch their style some.

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
That is why Mendy will be the starter by midseason....or at least getting his 50%.

Shutchoo mouth! Fast Willie is a STUD...just couldn't seem to get going at all..but either could Mendenfall....sorry..Rashard is not the answer...

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Shutchoo mouth! Fast Willie is a STUD...just couldn't seem to get going at all..but either could Mendenfall....sorry..Rashard is not the answer...
lol, looks like Moore will be the starter if you are just going by last night ;)

And sorry, Parker is no Stud......closer to a dud.