Super Bowl XLV - Pittsburgh Steelers vs Green Bay Packers - Official Game Thread

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
You know....the only good thing that can come from Pitt winning the SB again is that I won't have to hear "sixburgh" any longer....however, I know you pit guys will come up with some self serving phrase that will make me puke.....

Oh like Cincinnati wouldn't do that...

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
lol, Cinci isn't a burg so nah, don't think siz burgh would make much sense.....and I don't see any other Cities with multiple titles doing similar things either so yeah, just an annoying thing pittsburgh fans have done.....but you have the six titles so go for it....but don't act shocked when most other fans hate the fan base in general ;)

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
Not shocked; I actually like it a little.

With the Pittsburgh Pirates and all....since I really like baseball :) imagine...
O I forgot you don't have to imagine, you have the Bungals, as Noll used to call 'em.

I like making fun of my friend who loves the New York/New Jersey teams since he has so many to choose from then says "the Yankees" ya da da...are the best, and the Steelers cheat, etc.

So I told him "like the Yankees everybody loves to hate the Stillers or any other team on top". But he doesn't have to call them cheaters and dirty and such all the time. I understand it's human nature to hope the top dog loses, but we only have one team to pick from to root for in each sport. I was so happy we won against the Jets or I would have NEVER heard the end of it.

So I do understand, but really, we're nothing like New York fans, admit it. In all the Steelers games I have ever gone to away OR at home, I never experienced something like I did this last game. A big galumpa with Jets gear on (like 300 lbs) and I am only maybe 5'4"; My wife and I are going into the HOME stadium and he shoved me hard enough to knock me down! Little did he know I work out. I was shocked but gathered myself in time to go back to him and shove him hard enough to make him turn around. A big guy (6'+) behind me (Steelers fan) said "I gotta tell you ~ I give you my respect for not letting him do that to you!" But I really have never had the feeling anyone but New York/Jersey fans would be so vile. He wasn't drunk if that's what you're thinking. I guess he thought "I'll just push this little guy" not knowing we have that "napoleon complex" running high. What a dick.

After I told another fan behind me inside the stadium that happened he said "well if he would have struck back you had loads of friends around". But we Pittsburgh fans for all our arrogance are nothing like that. Admit it, please. We have a little fun with words, but if that's the extent of our ignorance it shouldn't be so hard to look past it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Sounds like ya ran into a jack ass......kudo's to you for not backing down!

As far as fan bases go, never been to a NY game or been around that fan base much to compare. But I have been to a lot of Cincy/Pit games including the playoff game a few yrs ago where I had the pleasure to have seats next to a large Steelers fan club block.....also had the joy of sitting next to a 40 some yr old Steeler fan you felt the need to threaten and punch a 16 year old KID for bumping his back when chearing at the start of the game by accident (kid was drunk and loud, but was not doing anything directed at this guy)......40 yr old then proceeded to threaten to toss the kid over the top of the stadium....really??? Come on......

Point is, all fan bases has the jack ass you described above......Including Cincy.....I am not singling out this clown. Hell, remember the Cleveland fan who decided to tackle a kid who was like 10 in the parking lot this year just for wearing a Jets Jersey.....

I have found some Steelers fans to be extremely arrogant and obnoxious (but when you win as much as they do, it's easy to come off that way), but I certainly don't feel they all are that way. I know and have met many extremely knowledgable and and fun Steelers fans. I like talking with fans of other teams at the games......and will give everyone a chance (jackass above, I actually got a long with pretty well and due to that helped difuse the situation some).

You are right on the like to be hated point. Hate to be so honest here, but Pittsburgh is hated b/c they are damn good. They are a model organization top to bottom.....and I hate them for it ;) It's what makes rivalries fun.....As a Buckeye fan, I know all about other fan bases hating your team....I love it.....IMO, it's a sign of respect, if you weren't good, no one would care.

Enjoy the ride again, I just hope someday I get to enjoy this day as a Bengals fan.....a man can hope right?

Not shocked; I actually like it a little.

With the Pittsburgh Pirates and all....since I really like baseball :) imagine...
O I forgot you don't have to imagine, you have the Bungals, as Noll used to call 'em.

I like making fun of my friend who loves the New York/New Jersey teams since he has so many to choose from then says "the Yankees" ya da da...are the best, and the Steelers cheat, etc.

So I told him "like the Yankees everybody loves to hate the Stillers or any other team on top". But he doesn't have to call them cheaters and dirty and such all the time. I understand it's human nature to hope the top dog loses, but we only have one team to pick from to root for in each sport. I was so happy we won against the Jets or I would have NEVER heard the end of it.

So I do understand, but really, we're nothing like New York fans, admit it. In all the Steelers games I have ever gone to away OR at home, I never experienced something like I did this last game. A big galumpa with Jets gear on (like 300 lbs) and I am only maybe 5'4"; My wife and I are going into the HOME stadium and he shoved me hard enough to knock me down! Little did he know I work out. I was shocked but gathered myself in time to go back to him and shove him hard enough to make him turn around. A big guy (6'+) behind me (Steelers fan) said "I gotta tell you ~ I give you my respect for not letting him do that to you!" But I really have never had the feeling anyone but New York/Jersey fans would be so vile. He wasn't drunk if that's what you're thinking. I guess he thought "I'll just push this little guy" not knowing we have that "napoleon complex" running high. What a dick.

After I told another fan behind me inside the stadium that happened he said "well if he would have struck back you had loads of friends around". But we Pittsburgh fans for all our arrogance are nothing like that. Admit it, please. We have a little fun with words, but if that's the extent of our ignorance it shouldn't be so hard to look past it.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Miller's Official Super Bowl Prediction:

Packers - 27
Steelers - 21

MVP: Aaron Rodgers

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Both teams have top notch defences and top notch offences. You Pittsburghs ground and pound type offence that likes to control the clock and give that defence some rest. GB plays a watered down run and shoot type offence IMO. Both effective. Question is, if GB scores quick a few times and makes that D stay on the feild, how will th 4th qtr play out? I like both teams chances to win this game. A late TO or special teams will be the deciding factor on the outcome. This game could resemble another Pitt/Bal or GB/Chi type game. W/O the rivalry of course.

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
Because Ben Rapelisburger is so hard to bring down?

alg_benroethlisberger.jpg

Packers 30
Steelers 24
:runaround:

Attachments

• Pats Steelers.jpg
    Pats Steelers.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:

Arctic Dawgs

Are you ready ??

wife gone ~ check
beer in fridge ~ check
ribs started ~ check (no wings in freezer, so I'll try the BWW sauces with BBQ'd ribs)
daughter has my cheesehead and GB jacket ~ check (all my kids are going to a bar, They know better than to bother me today)

:woohoo1:

I AM READY

Coachnorm

3 and out, might end up with good field position.

Williams almost muffed the punt but the pack keeps it!!

Coachnorm

Packers move the ball a little and pin the Steelers back at the 20.

Mendenhall runs for a first down and moves the Steelers out of the shadow of the goal post!!