Super Bowl XLV - Pittsburgh Steelers vs Green Bay Packers - Official Game Thread

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Two of the most historic franchises in league history square off in Super Bowl XLV. All the talk leading up to the game and great discussion during the game itself can be found right here!

Hawks Eye

Master of Inexpertise
Before watching them win the last 3 games, convincingly & on-the-road, would anyone have put Green Bay as the odds-on favorite to win this year's Super Bowl? Currently they're 2.5 point favorites.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
WOW....GB is the favorite???? I like this in this one, but I was guessing the line last night in a conversation and put it as Pitt -3 1/2. The fact that GB is the 2.5 pt favorite does surprise me quite a bit!

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
Green Bay was my pre-season pick for the Super Bowl. But after all the injuries, I didn't see them making it. But they came through as a total team and proved everyone wrong.

This should be an amazing Super Bowl!

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Very similar teams. Both have incredible defenses, and both have Qbs that can carry a team and make the play to win it. Have to give some edge to Pittsburgh for their experience in the big game. But GreenBay is on a mission, and I think the NFC repeats as Superbowl champs.

mills

Would anyone else agree that the knee to Big Ben's leg last night looked purposefully done?

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
I hate the Steelers but how can you pick against Ben. All he does is make plays when it counts...

Hopefully Rodgers can match him

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
*sigh* and to think we are missing out on the Bears vs Jets. Oh well. I can't think of a better game than between these two teams, I'm stoked!

Vicious_Machine

GBay should be the favourite. They were one of the most popular picks before a string of injuries really set them back. And they were favourite against the bears in the NFC Championship game too

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
:hmmm:

My favorite team against the team I hate above all else. Not sure if I should watch this game alone

Everybody hates the top dog... And of course you should NOT watch this game alone. Consolation comes in crowds much better than at home even if you do cry in public.

P.S. Sorry guys, but with this new "points-incentive" business I gotta post more. Apologizing, but business is business.

Last edited by a moderator:

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
GBay should be the favourite. They were one of the most popular picks before a string of injuries really set them back. And they were favourite against the bears in the NFC Championship game too

Oh yeah, they looked really tough all season. :packerssuck:

They won against creampuffs lately and they are favored. THE 3rd STRING QB almost beat them.

WHEN DOES THE vBET COME UP AGAIN?? I don't want to miss it. I can't WAIT to get points for the better-record and more SB-experienced team! It's the proverbial "no-brainer"

Rogers this!-----> :pigsfly:

Last edited by a moderator:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Revvin' for Seven!!
You know....the only good thing that can come from Pitt winning the SB again is that I won't have to hear "sixburgh" any longer....however, I know you pit guys will come up with some self serving phrase that will make me puke.....