Super Bowl XLIV Discussion Thread

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
THIS is MY favorite holiday of the YEAR!!!!!! Love me some Super Bowl Sunday :banana:

cctekguy

Staff member
Bet the Saints for the win and then stay away from them next year in fantasy.

Their chapter will be finished for another 30 years.

1 Crazy Commish

What I love is the way this has set up...

Warner prepared us for Farve

Warner and Farve prepared us for Manning

Viks defense prepared us for anyone's defense

I seriously dont think the OL is gonna see anything near what they saw yesterday and I think they did pretty damn well. Brees should feel really comfortable unless I missed something.

Also, I think the Saints will play much better having the underdog role...definitely more relaxed than if they were the favorites
I like that observation, very good points there.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Schefter just reported that Freeney is active and will start

Now it is just a question of how effective he will be and how many plays he can go.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Schefter just reported that Freeney is active and will start

Now it is just a question of how effective he will be and how many plays he can go.

Speed? Spin moves?

I think this bodes well for Brees until the coaches do the right thing and remove Freeney from the lineup.

Remote Controller

I can't help but remind myself that, outside of the Pats, the Colts are one of the least reputable teams when it comes to injury reporting, and it's correctness.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
It will be interesting to watch and see how effective he can be during the game.

NFLN just reported he was on the field deciding whether he can play or not. Doesn't seem a stone cold lock the way some reporters are making it sound.

Bayou Bengal

College Football Guru
All I can say is this is eerily similar to the D. Ware injury status for the Cowboys game. We all know how that turned out and what kinda game he had.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
All I can say is this is eerily similar to the D. Ware injury status for the Cowboys game. We all know how that turned out and what kinda game he had.
I can see the comparison, however this is a partially torn ankle ligament on a speed/agility DE, where as Ware was a neck injury on a pass rusher. Not to dismiss the neck injury, but from a pure performance standpoint, the ankle could cause more of an issue I would think.