Super Bowl 50

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Roman numeral not required. :) Who are you pulling for and who is going to win it?

I will pull for Manning vs the NFC South and will try to find a way to predict they will win it before kickoff. It may take that long to come up with a legitimate reason. ::(

efactor

Coming at you
I think Carolina wins by double digits.

They rolled two very good teams in Seattle and Arizona and showed the kind of havoc they will unleash on an immobile QB on Sunday. Peyton is in for a long day. Denver won't be able to run the ball against that front 7. Love Peyton but a beat down is coming.

Carolina O-line is soooo much better than New England's and with a mobile QB in Newton, I just don't see Denver being able to hold Carolina below 20 points which I think they have to do to win.

freyguy

Pick to Click
I think the only way Carolina loses this game is if they get too cocky and/or they show their inexperience.

Old school vs. New school. Going to be a pretty good game. At least the story lines leading up to what could be a clunker.

cctekguy

Staff member
Don't disagree with any of the above, but I've placed my money on the NFL Gods giving Peyton a final hurrah.

I'm betting on drama, scripting and fan appeal over the better team. The fact that those in the gambling business stand to haul in a ton of money if Denver wins never crossed my mind :rolleyes:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
First I don't think this will be a huge scoring game, both defenses are at their best. However pressuring Cam vs. pressuring Brady is a whole different deal. I see Carolina winning this one, but as I said it will be a 3-6pt game I think.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
I think this will be a blow out by Carolina. Just considering the conference championship games as a standard measure, both AFC teams played really bad offensively. Brady threw 2 bad picks and was less than 50% on completion rate. Manning was just barely over 50% and had less than 200yds. Neither team ran the ball worth a nickel.

Even with Denver's D being as dominant as it was the game came down to missed extra points.
With an eight point lead and the clock on their side Denver could not will themselves to get a single first down and that kept giving the Pats chances to come back, which they did sans 2pt conversion.

I just can't see the Denver D being as dominant against the Panthers. If only because Newton can run around/over/through defenders. And with this being the pinnacle game of their sport I highly doubt he will be reluctant to run if it means victory.
On the other side, Carolina's D is better than New England's D. Their front 4 will be able to get pressure without blitzing. Their corners aside from Norman are pedestrian but Manning cannot exploit them with deep passes. He can still muster up a deep ball here and there but his accuracy deep is highly questionable. The only real concern for Carolina is whether Thomas Davis will be able to play and if he does can he tackle well enough.

I see this being a relatively close game (within 10 pts) most of the way but as Denver gets more desperate as time becomes a factor they will force Manning to throw, leading to pics, leading to blowout.
Somewhere along the lines of 31-13.

hikeNbike

Let's say two scenarios Carolina wins in a run away. Gets in front forces Denver to throw. Creates turnovers. Repeat of two years ago. Think this is most likely but hoping for...

Denver defense is up to the task. Secondary plays lights out. Pass rushers ferocious but disciplined and dont let Cam break containment much. Denver offense chews up clock with run. Manning manages the game with a lead and makes a few good throws and doesn't turn the ball over and Broncos win another close one.

Oh and is a Beyonce wardrobe malfunction at half too much to ask for?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Does anyone know why the NFL did away with the Roman Numerals for this Super Bowl? Not complaining but for many it was the only time we saw Roman Numerals since grade school.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Does anyone know why the NFL did away with the Roman Numerals for this Super Bowl? Not complaining but for many it was the only time we saw Roman Numerals since grade school.
50 in roman numerals is L Don't think with this texting world you want superbowl L or Losers! They have already said they will go back to roman numerals for next year.

JScott

Administrator
Denver's super bowl was last weekend. They gave everything they had to beat New England at home. Carolina crushes the Broncos. It won't be close.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I'm scared that you are correct but keep remembering the Saints two games against the Panthers and so I have some hope.

cctekguy

Staff member
They gave everything they had to beat New England at home.

I take it you're still a little bitter about this Patriots loss?

Or maybe after carrying Manning all year in PFL it just galls you to see him win.

Either way..........NEENER NEENER NEEEEENER. :p

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Okay my wiener for the big game is Denver. Never mind what my head says I'm going with my heart. Kryptonite will be used on Super Man and the Broncs throttle the better team.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Denver has to be all over Cam early and often... If they can win they can win the turnover battle and get in Cams head, Denver will win.