Steelers RB Jonathan Dwyer working out with the best of the best

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Dwyer will have great company as he works out next month with studs like MJD, Forte, McCoy, Gore, Bradshaw etal. Maybe some of it will rub off. Dwyer who has underwhelmed in part due to poor conditioning has been motivated by Mendenhall's injury. He has hopes of pushing backup Redman for playing time while Mendy is out. Keep an eye on Dwyer's progress in preseason if you're planning on playing Redman.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
If anyone pushes Redman I think it could be the rookie from Florida, Chris Rainey. Small, but electric with the ball in hand.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Redman's solid and has Tomlin's trust. With that said, I liked the late round selection of Dwyer just fine a couple years ago but there's always a reason for such a productive college player to last that long. I honestly like John Clay (UFA-2011, Wisconsin) a little better for the short and long term if they ever commit to a "feature back", with Rainey as the change-of-pace guy. Baron Batch was one of the stars of last year's training camp prior to blowing his knee out and could be firmly in the rotation also, if healthy.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Miller, last I heard there was a shot he could be ready by mid-season. Last I heard the plan was to PUP him, which gives them to week 6 I believe to activate or place him on IR for the season.