SO GM Mock Draft #2 - Round 2

jmsmith1

Philadelphia Eagles select Louis Murphy, WR, Florida....

With the loss of Tra Thomas, the Eagles signed Stacy Andrews and drafted Eben Britton. They got Beanie Wells....and so the next thing they need is either a WR or TE. I took the highest rated player on the board at this time. I think any TE would have been a reach at this point, but Murphy is a great prospect. Fast and fluid and a great route runner, he could be what they've been missing.

DearbornDolfan

Miami Dolphins - Chris Baker - NT - Hampton

Parcells usually like his noses with a little less meat on them, but it's not often that a 6-2 man weighing 326 pounds can run 40 yards in five seconds and jump nearly three feet in the air. Baker can join the rotation and hopefully displace Soliai (if the latter isn't traded to a 3-4 team during the draft.)

jmsmith1

The New England Patriots select Troy Kropog, OT, Tulane

With all other needs filled at this time, the only position the Patriots had a need at was to get younger at OT. It was the most pressing of the needs, which mainly are to add depth to an aging team. Kropog is a prototypical Belichek player. He is tough, hard working, for the team kind of guy. Some might see this as a reach, but no more than any other in this draft.

Runnik's Hambones

New York Giants select, Andy Levitre - OG - Oregon St.

Timer ran out. I love Levitre. I did the NFL Impact on this guy for SO. He's one of the smartest players coming into the draft. Not the most athletic, but one of the most hard working. I debated going RB here since Ward left and joined Tampa to help NY's run game a bit. I think that OG will not only help the run game but will help the passing game as well.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Indy selects Brian Robiskie - WR - OSU

The high flying Indy passing game needs depth at WR with Harrison moving on. Robiskie is a smart, tough WR who has gown up around the game. He is a bit inconsistent at times, but his route running will be a big plus working with Peyton. DT is still a large unmet need so far, but the value is simply not there with Marks now off the board.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
Tennessee selects CB Jarius Byrd, Oregon

the titans need depth at cb even after the signing of demarcus faggins . . . their starters are set and there is a lot of depth at fs, but not so much at ss . . . byrd brings the run stopping ability, as well as solid cover skills needed . . .

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Arizona selects Coye Francies, CB, San Jose St.

Gives them a talented bookend CB to groom alongside DRC. Rodrick Hood got burned way too much last year and will serve better as a nickel corner. Plus he's good value in the late 2nd. Background will be scrutinized, but by all accounts he's been a model citizen after his transfer.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Pittsburgh selects Gerald Cadogan, OT, Penn St.

Might as well keep on raiding Paterno's cupboard after grabbing Maybin in the 1st. Really wanted Levitre here, but he was taken a few picks earlier. After taking a luxury pick already, I needed to address the O-Line here and Cadogan sort of represents the last of the "2nd-tier" O-Tackles in my mind. On a side note, there were about 4 other players I was debating on with this pick that would be fantastic value in the late 2nd, but I needed a lineman badly.