SO GM Mock Draft #2 - Round 1

jmsmith1

Philadelphia Eagles select, Eben Britton, OT, Arizona

The Eagles are a very run oriented team that needs Westbrook to have the space to get in the open field and make things happen. Having said that, they need to upgrade their O line and find a long term replacement at OT for Tra Thomas. Britton one of the last really good OTs left on the board.

jmsmith1

New England Patriots select Clint Sintim, LB, Virginia

Sintim was the perfect fit in our first mock and stays here. He is a great kid, has played in a 3-4 and can come in and give valuable minutes as the Pats attempt to get younger at LB. He should be a great fit alongside Jerod Mayo

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
12 hr time limit has expired, making the pick based on DD's pick for the phins in the first mock:
Dolphins select Alphonso Smith - CB - Wake Forest

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Colts Select:
Brain Cushing - OLB - USC

I know of the positive combine test, but this is still a first round talent and my favorite of the 3 USC LB's. Indy needs more talent in their LB corps and Cushing is a tough, smart defender who is always around the ball.

jmsmith1

Philadelphia Eagles select Chris Beanie Wells, RB, Ohio State

Eagles need a nice compliment to replace Correll Buckhalter and spell Brian Westbrook. Getting a top 15 talent at #28 is too good to pass up.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Arizona selects Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

This won't happen on draft day, but I can't pass up a player I had to check on 3 times to ensure he hadn't already gone. Whiz is ecstatic at this point.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Pittsburgh selects Aaron Maybin, DE/LB, Penn St.

Pretty much astonished that he's here at this point, to the point that I'm going BPA instead of filling an O-line need. I can address that with my next 2 picks. Lamarr Woodley is an elite talent that can add 8-10 lbs. and line up at DE when our current guys start to slide, and I haven't ever seen Maybin go past the 15th pick in ANY online or print mock drafts. As with the Arizona pick, I had to look 3 times to ensure I wasn't hallucinating that Maybin hadn't been selected.