Shanny says Alfred Morris could be week 1 starter

jjtweeks

These headlines always give me a good laugh now. This is not news. This is a soap opera. THe kid did have a good game and the others are battling minor injuries. It's just anytime I see something start off with "Shanny says" I am torn between puking and/or laughing(used to depend on if I had an investment in a Redskin RB, now I just can't stand the guy)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
From Rotoworld:
Redskins rookie RB Alfred Morris rushed 14 times for 107 yards and a touchdown in Washington's third preseason game Saturday night against Indianapolis.Analysis: He also caught a pass for six yards, although Tim Hightower replaced Morris on the heavy majority of passing downs. Morris lacks short-area burst and long speed, but he is a sturdy, balanced runner who plays physical and is clearly gaining momentum in an otherwise injury-riddled Redskins backfield. Through three preseason weeks, Morris has 39 carries for 195 yards (5.0 YPC), and Saturday night's goal-line score. While his talent isn't going to wow anyone, Morris is squarely in the mix to start in Week 1 against the Saints.
Kinda sounds like Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson....Shanny is at it again. If you can take a late flyer on him and trade him after one good game I would suggest this plan. He won't be a long term source of production, but he could be a short term one and then find a sucka and ship him away for value.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
If Shanny had a complete running back who could stay healthy like Terrel Davis and Portis did, there wouldn't be this tiresome rbbc conspiracy rhetoric. As it is, he has no complete backs on the roster and it WILL be rbbc, and you should only draft one if you want to treat it as a lottery ticket.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Just to muddy the water even more.....Morris was a healthy scratch from Wednesday's final preseason tilt. Suggesting to some that they may be trying to keep him healthy to start the opener. All Helu did with the opportunity was to combine for 124 yds and 2 TD's.......week one should be maddening and entertaining at the same time.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Just got an email blurb that if he is healthy, Hightower is the starter. What a mess.

gizzil

clearly... but seriously is the ownership just like, well, dude repeated superbowls 15 years ago with a once in a lifetime QB... so...let him do whatever?? i dont get it