Seattle QB News: Carroll and Hasselbeck want one more year together?

Hawks Eye

Master of Inexpertise
Leinart is awful. I read a quote from Leinart yesterday, can't remember where I read it. But he said he should be starting in the NFL because he was behind Kurt Warner for three years. Leinart thinks he is entitled to whatever he wants. He has no work ethic and will never succeed as a starting quarterback in the NFL.

Good news, bad news time.

Good news: I don't think I'll have to quit football, I don't really see any interest in Leinart yet in Seattle.

Bad news: Carroll and Hasselbeck BOTH want another season together.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Didnt Hasselbeck have one of his best seasons? Sworn i heard that somewhere. All the changes going on in the nfc west, it just might be a decent conference next season.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I believe this was worthy of its own thread.

What would be the problem with Hass having one more year at the helm? I didnt get to see him until the two playoff games, and I saw a saavy old QB who hit his WRs with perfectly catchable passes. Had Mike Williams and crew not developed Solider Field Butter Fingers I think we'd be getting ready for the NFC title game in Seattle.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Didnt Hasselbeck have one of his best seasons? Sworn i heard that somewhere. All the changes going on in the nfc west, it just might be a decent conference next season.

No, it wasnt one of his best, and I think the stat that jumps out are the 17 picks in each of the last two years, but its not like he had a team around him either.

Matt Hasselbeck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (That links to his history, yearly stats table, stuff like that for you)

Seattle is a one dimensional offense. In 2010 they finished 31st in the league averaging 89 yards a game rushing. In 2009, they finishes 26th averaging 97.9. I dont blame the QB for that one.

In 2007, his last full season as a starter before this two year run, Hass had his best professional season and Seattle was 20th in the league in rushing, averaging 101 yards per game. The run game has to be fixed or no one, not Hass, Whitehurst, or anyone else is going to have any true sucess with that football team.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
I think its time for a change for the Seahawks and get a much younger QB in there to build for the future, cant see Hass being the one.

He should not get all the blame, no running game, no O-line, J.Carlson is a quality TE that has to stay in to help block means one less offensive weapon

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I think its time for a change for the Seahawks and get a much younger QB in there to build for the future, cant see Hass being the one.

He should not get all the blame, no running game, no O-line, J.Carlson is a quality TE that has to stay in to help block means one less offensive weapon

I think they need to find the guy of the future. If nothing else, Im pretty sure Whitehurst is going to be an effective backup at least.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!

The Seahawks don't have a young QB yet, and when they get one, it would be great for a veteran like Hasselbeck to take him under his wing.

Arctic Dawgs

I have been telling everyone that reads the draft boards that the 'Hawks needed Oline since before SA was let go

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Max Unger and Russell Okung were good starts, but they need to keep building, maybe get a guy in FA or something.

At the 25th pick I dont think they go offensive line.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I have been telling everyone that reads the draft boards that the 'Hawks needed Oline since before SA was let go

Agreed. With Lynch, assuming he keeps out of jail, they have a solid run game now. Get some O-line help, and the young Wrs mature, and get Carlson out in the paterns..and this is a formidable offense again.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Max Unger and Russell Okung were good starts, but they need to keep building, maybe get a guy in FA or something.

At the 25th pick I dont think they go offensive line.
You don't have to go O-line in the first. Look at Saffold last year for St. Louis. They got him in the 2nd. Lots of good OTs, Gs and Cs in the middle rounds.

Hawks Eye

Master of Inexpertise
Also, it's not that I don't really like Hasselbeck. It's just that he hurts his ovaries every season, and I'm sick of it. Our O-line doesn't give him enough time to pass, either. Hass looked GREAT in the game against the Bears, and our receivers let him down.

I think the team would benefit from a change at the helm, too. Hasselbeck's getting old, and he's no Favre, either.

Arctic Dawgs

Yup, Kind of like when they dumped SA and Weaver. They had nothing to replace them either. Man am I glad Ruskell is finally gone